A most awesome RL adventure

reneequixtcl

A casting call for extras went out about a week ago here in Wilmington, North Carolina for NBC's upcoming fall show, Surface. It's been my second biggest dream since i moved to Wilmington to become an actor (even in the smallest sense). They lovingly call this town Hollywood East or Wilmingwood - there's a Screen Gems/MGM studio here. They film alot of movies and TV shows (Dawson's Creek, One Tree Hill .. etc) here. So I gathered up the courage and emailed my pics into Extras Casting. Honestly, I didn't think they would call.

Friday afternoon, about 4 pm EST while I was on SWG shooting some pirates up in space, my cell rang. Before even looking at my phone, I knew who it was, I just knew. Yep, they saw my pics and loved my look. They wanted me to be an extra in a promo shoot for the TV show. The ads were gonna run on NBC on commercials and Entertainment Tonight, TV Guide channel and SciFi channel. The stills were gonna be in TV Guide and other magazines. *jumps for joy* Of course, since there was 20 of us, depending how they edit the shots, I may be in some! ( I was wearing blue jean shorts, a yellow top and white sketchers .. if it's a back shot, I had my long tawny hair straightened so it's to the middle of my back). I was so nervous and anxious! I told myself, once I set foot in the door of the casting room at the Hilton where we were shooting, I would be calm again. So I took one last deep breath, gathered my Chi, aligned my Chakras and walked inside .. it worked! No more butterflies or anxiety! *whew*

Here's what I had to do:

Scene premise:

There's some military police behind a closed chain link fence. Shouting at them are reporters and paparazzi. Passers-by show up and shout along with them wondering what's going on, what'd they find, what are they hiding this time .. that sorta thing. The main actress, Lake, comes pushing through the crowd straight to the fence to get through.

(I was on of the passers-by that got pushed by Lake.)

End scene.

We rehearsed 4 times and completed the shot in under 20 takes.

I also thought I was only being picked for this one shoot .. turns out I will be a regular extra too! *WOOT* Now, I wonder if I will ever make it to be an extra on Stargate SG-1 *faints*

It was SO freaking awesome!!! Even though we had to wait 3 hours (sure wish I had a book then) for the cast and crew to set up from there previous shoot at Carolina Beach, once we got outside, it was all fun and excitement.

I was sneaky and actually had my firsrt action mark right outside the 'news van' door and got some air conditioning while we rehearsed and all that. I watched the guy inside do his job too ... he was looking over all the camera angles, shots, etc. Technology is so cool!

:dancing_smile: Marie

Looks like the previews and commercials for Surface play at the 8 - 9 pm EST timeslot each night. *bounces* Haven't seen the one I am in yet .. very hopeful!

*HUGGLES*

It's all Gwen Stephani's fault you know .. her song 'What You Waiting For?' made me gather my me courage to just do it! Thank you Gwen, and thank you Universe!

Edited by reneequixtcl

Oooo!! Try to get into the last Harry Potter movie. I hear they haven't done the cast yet, maybe you can play an extra there :) A death eater perhaps??  :devil:

oooOOOO! That would be an awesome role ... and I get a trip to Europe! :assassin: Must channel my Force powers into that one.

I never forget anyone that has come into my life ... now or if I get rich and powerful - especially my families *hugs*

We each leave a little 'mark' on someone elses life - whether we are in their lives for a moment or years. Now if that mark is good or bad, doesn't matter, a little memory of some people you've met in your life will pop up later on and you'll smile, growl or just wonder what the heck they are doing in your thoughts at that moment. Sometimes you learn something from the 'mark' they leave, other times not. It's all good.

Dawn "Marie" Lavin now Grindle - yep that's me!

:assassin:

Edited by reneequixtcl

Oooo!! Try to get into the last Harry Potter movie. I hear they haven't done the cast yet, maybe you can play an extra there :) A death eater perhaps??  :devil:

oooOOOO! That would be an awesome role ... and I get a trip to Europe! :assassin: Must channel my Force powers into that one.

Last time I channeled my force powers I cleared a room then blamed it on the dog! Oh yeah we dont even have a dog anymore!!!

Last time I channeled my force powers I cleared a room then blamed it on the dog!  Oh yeah we dont even have a dog anymore!!!

Wow!  Congrats on your success :assassin:

Thanks! It was nothing though...Just your run of the mill beans and some coleslaw at a barbeque

*runs off laughing*

Edited by Lord Ser Brightblade

Thanks! It was nothing though...Just your run of the mill beans and some coleslaw at a barbeque

*runs off laughing*

*smack* Ya dork! :assassin:

:devil:

Edited by Jadeynn