Battlestar Galactica, SG1, Atlantas

Balandar

My eyes will be glued to the TV during this time

I have already planned on ordering a pizza, and will limit myself to 4 beers. i hate it when i pass out before the end of BattleStar Galactica

My eyes will be glued to the TV during this time

I have already planned on ordering a pizza, and will limit myself to 4 beers.  i hate it when i pass out before the end of BattleStar Galactica

That sounds like a great idea! Can someone knock my wife out so I can order a pizza when it comes on shes all for my health these days and pizza more than a couple times a month doesnt fit into her idea of healthy and low carb.

Well, no pizza here. I am on low carb as well. Soooo... going to get a subway.. and most likely eat it BEFORE the shows start. I do not want to be distracted by food.

Well, no pizza here. I am on low carb as well. Soooo... going to get a subway.. and most likely eat it BEFORE the shows start. I do not want to be distracted by food.

Have fun Jared :devil:

I need to mess aroung with my TiVO more and learn some of the hacks. Then I can just burn the stuff so I could "visit" Bal and let him watch his missed episodes....

Someday when I get the cash I'm just going to build my own media PC though. No more monthly fees for cable listings like TiVO has. Network to your hearts content too. Can you say streaming BSG over The Honor Empire!

Next week I won't be able to watch :/ I'll have to use the VCR. Bet it will look like crap when I watch the recording.

Have no fear I think i can figure out how to rip the .tivo files which means i can then burn them or put them out somewhere for a person to download.....

I should know by tommorow if I can get the proper software up and running.

Course the File will be monsterous but I can send it overnight....or burn it and mail it via snail mail.

Ok... everyone keeps telling me to get Tivo stuff....

So.. let me ask...

What's a decent tivo unit to purchase? I understand you either pay 13 bucks a month or 300 bucks for product lifetime? Seems like an awful big money sink

Ok... everyone keeps telling me to get Tivo stuff....

So.. let me ask...

What's a decent tivo unit to purchase?  I understand you either pay 13 bucks a month or 300 bucks for product lifetime?  Seems like an awful big money sink

Well if you get it get the lifetime....I wish I had when it was 199 but my wife said "No....let's see if we like it for a year first. Since owning the Tivo for 3 years we have more than paid for a lifetime subscription even at the present $299. The only way not to have to pay is to build a PC and install Freevo (I think thats what it is called) then you go download the program listings weekly (or have Freevo do it for you). Since I dont have a spare PC and 200 gig drive laying around I'll continue to use my TiVO :tease:

Oh. I can now convert the .tivo files to .mpg just fine. Now I either need to cut up the files (30 minutes is roughly 800 meg) or get a DVD burner :wizard:...or option 3 I could upload a file somewhere overnight (would take many hours given my upstream is only 384)