SoC priorities for first week

Balandar

1) Determine Server (first day). The server will be one of the roleplay servers. In the past we (The Honor Empire) would choose the first server starting with the letter H, or the following server (so we could all play on the same server). This has always worked out very well. However, there are a few guilds we do not wish to have interactions with in any manner. But... there might be only one official roleplay server on release. In that case, we have little choice in choosing a server. No PvP servers (you are a-okay up to level 20, after that gank fest).

2) Guild crest design (can be decided now). See this page for symbols. And this page to create a crest.

Post a link to the tabard. Example: http://wowvault.ign.com/guilds/images/tabard1.gif

Post the colors and border styles or an image (preferred) of the color combinations. I would like to keep to reds, blacks, oranges, and browns if possible.

Also, we want a symbol that is easily recognizable. A purple symbol on a yellow background is very easily seen and recognized. But we are not using yellow and purple. See what you can come up with!

3) Purchase Guild Charter (first week). This will take several gold coins. When we start, we will all be poor. Try to donate everything you can for the clan (copper, silver, gold, whatever). Give donations to Grulg or Uglutz.

4) Purchase Guild Tabard. This will also take much gold. We want to do this ASAP so we can reserve our clan colors.

5) PASS DOWN (from day 1 to end-of-days). If you have an item that is of reasonable worth, see if any orc/tauren/troll in the clan can use it before selling. Especially bags!! These things cost enough as it is… if you are filled up on bags, hand down those extras!

Try the Skull being white, and the border being blood red with black background. I found the little bones or the "ripped" borders look pretty good.

BTW, I may or may not be playing. That's still up in the air. No, I will not give up CoH, but if I do play WoW, I promise to put in enough time to at least not be chumpy. :laugh: And if I did play, I'd make vids for the Skullcrushers...AND play an orc even. Is Zooqi an orc enough name? Hehe.

Sounds like a female orc =) I always find that those are the hardest names to create. As to the design, it doesn't really stand out to me. Kinda.. blah. I think it's the white/black combo. Dark greens may work too for guild colors. I want it to "feel" orcish.

Monday will be the open beta signups. First come first serve. So you can get in and decide on what class you want to play. After playing a warlock, then playing a warrior type, I defiantly have to say I am going to be a warrior. I just enjoy running up and bashing everything. hehe.

I was playing a Dwarf Paladin last night and ended up being in a group that was me (Tryck), and 3 gnome mages. We killed everything in our way. That was my frist true grouping experience. Soooo much more fun than soloing. Paladins are not going to be the easiest the kill. They have some powerful auras that effect all in their groups. As orcs, Paladins are a very insult to our wonderful evil nature. They must be destroyed!!

I don't care for the yellow. 
Also, we want a symbol that is easily recognizable. A purple symbol on a yellow background is very easily seen and recognized. But we are not using yellow and purple. See what you can come up with!

If you go up to a guild master in any big city, they will let you practice creating tabards and it is placed on your character so you can see what it looks like. Like these:

WoW_SoC_tabards.jpg

After messing with it a while, here are my conclusions.

• The way characters are bent forward, the front image is not really as visible as I would like. (I want my enemies to see I am coming - not that I am running away!
  • You can't wear a cloak if you want the tabard to show. If you have both on, the tabard is underneath.
  • Black is usually too dark, but this game is so colorful I think dark colors sort of stand out.
  • All the shots above use the Skull and bones border - it is really hard to tell the pattern once on the character skin.
  • The tabard black isn't really very dark - see the top left pictures. It didn't float my boat.
  • I messed with a lot of color combos, and I think I like the dark blue and white combo the best - see bottom right pix.

Thes screen shots are a little5 washed out and can't totally convey the look. The shots of the back are darker than in game, and the colors are not as vibrant. Go see a guild master and try some tabards on for yourself.

Edited by DashZero