Uox is Discontinued

Devin Ashley

On the UO U.Hall forum, Binky (Online Community Manager, All Things Ultima) made the following announcement regarding UXO:

Today, the decision was made to discontinue the production of Ultima X: Odyssey. This was done in order focus resources and talent on Ultima Online, the upcoming expansion, and an unannounced Ultima Online project.

“With Ultima Online thriving, and with plans for its future taking shape, we made the decision to focus all our resources on that game world,” said Anthony Castoro, producer of Ultima Online. “We look forward to making more exciting announcements about Ultima Online very soon.”

Well I must say this just blows. I was really looking forward to this. Guess I'll hold out hope that they will correct the problems and breath some life into UO.

Exactly Chris. It was nearly the same announcement. They are moving that dev team over to the new UO expansion AND .. here's the funny part ... an unannounced Ultima project lol. It better be a single-player Ultima X, because EA has burned many bridges with next gen UO projects. I mean, if they announce another one, whos going to take it seriously as a game that will be completed?

Today, the decision was made to discontinue the production of Ultima X: Odyssey. This was done in order focus resources and talent on Ultima Online, the upcoming expansion, and an unannounced Ultima Online project.

and six months later: "We are pleased to announce that Ultima Online: Age of Sporks has gone gold" >:0

Well I must say this just blows. I was really looking forward to this. Guess I'll hold out hope that they will correct the problems and breath some life into UO.

Methinks Colin Mor could help them fix up UO prudy gud.

Lol, they like to crush people's hopes and dreams for a better game. They just need to do an overhaul into pure 3D with UO itself. A completely new "client". And add races and some other little things so people are not stuck pretending to be an orc when they are in reality human.

what i like about the poor graphics we have now is that it's easier to rp your character as something unique like a tiger or an ekirh >:0