Picture hosting?

DashZero

Hmmm, well that is a start, but it isn't really the ideal solution. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't believe imagedump will let you post something there and link to it from here.

So, it does allow you to store pictures and put up a link to them. (You click the link, and go to imagedump, and say "yes" I want to see the picture, and then it is displayed.) That is a bit laborious, but it does work. For some stuff. (Thanks for posting the link Chris, some people may not know about imagedump!)

But what if you want a custom avatar? You need a direct link that displays in an embedded way.

Imagedump pretty much lets you do this:

http://www.w5corp.com/images/CoH_DashZero_Thumb3.gif

But it won't let you do this:

CoH_DashZero_Thumb3.gif

I can see it just fine. I don't know why, but I have always been able to see direct links to image dump. And we will not add an image hosting ability to T.H.E. We do not have that amount of space.

I dont know if this will help, or how much space you need?

But I have 5mg on stringedthings.com and 5 mg on snowriverhostel.org and 5 mg from my cable isp provider.

If this can be used in some way, I would be happy to help.

Strenghth and Honor!

Nenia

Very generous offer Nenia!! :) Vexica was looking for a place to put her avatar - that wouldn't take much space. I offered to host that as well. It gets to be a tougher issue if people want to put bigger stuff up (or lots of pictures). One example of that is Soke has made a music video of City of Heroes stuff, but it is 30 MB. Not sure who could host that or where...

Balandar - the link to the image is visible because it isn't to imagedump - it is to my site! >:]

I don't know about the other games here, but for EverQuest, there is a website called www.eqfaces.com where people can put up their real life picture next to their character picture. So, I just remote link the character picture I have on that website, since you have to upload your character picture into their website. The website doesn't require you to give any info about your EQ account, like your username or anything, so if you really really need a place to upload a pic to a server that allows remote linking, maybe you can try creating an account there.

Just read about your CoH music video. Maybe if the person who made the video hosts a FTP server, then the rest of you can just connect to him and download it from his computer via FTP? That way you don't have to upload that huge thing to some website that will cost you a bunch of money anyway to be able to get that amount of space. There are a bunch of free FTP servers and programs out there. I used to use CuteFTP, but now use something that my bf put on my computer, but I think he either paid for it or one of his computer science teachers gave his class the program. I was always happy with CuteFTP though and it's easy to use.

Imagedump went all wonky on me, and now I can't get that to work. In addition, wow-ra's image uploading service doesn't seem to work for me as well. I even tried getting some crappy free website just to stick one lousy image on there to link to my avatar, but after two hours of trying and getting frustrated, I just gave up. :gold: