RFI: Request For Information by DashZero

DashZero

Ug!

Hi all, help me out here. Is it true that WoW is still about 6 months or so from release? If so it is boggling how much info you guys have already generated. Where should I start if I am sort of "window shopping"? I played a little Warcraft, but I am not the strongest RTS gamer. (I always get pissed that some poor schmuck is standing there waiting for instruction, and I have ignored him for 20 minutes...)

Anyway - I thought I would be a SWG devotee for years, but City of Heroes is winning in my book right now. So why WoW? what draws you to it?

Is SOC going to be a RP guild?

See ya! :cry:

Yes, SoC is a pure-RP guild. I second Rhoach's advice, you will learn all you need to know there.

As for what draws me personally to WoW? Well, the fact the Blizzard is argueably the best gaming company, which doesn't mean most successful as they are rather small and their game output is rather low, but every game they have put on the market is excellent. The best games that there are, in their respective genres. Blizzard has remove the NDA for their beta, so there is a boatload of information about the game out there, and it looks and sounds awesome. Every beta tester I have talked with or read their reviews has said it's the best MMORPG they have ever played. I'm not surprised at all, being a hardcore and faithful Blizzard fan myself. I've come to expect and appreciate their successful, truly well-done releases. They have a passion for gaming as a whole, unmatched by any other gaming company, again as a whole.

The more personal reason is that I am absolutely enthralled with the warcraft universe and series.. hell I often imitate the voices and sayings from each warcraft game. I'm as glued a follower as they come, though not as visibly as others.

For the Horde!

~Glok'tur