CoH: Which Server?

Soke

Which server on City of Heroes should we play on?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey, y'all. Just thought I'd put this into a poll form... I am leaning towards Virtue myself because it may turn out to the be un-official rping server, esp. since I do not think they are going to have an official roleplaying server... but that hasn't been announced yet. Oh, well, at least this way we'll get a feel for where people want to go, and keep in mind there may be more servers announced in the next few days.

Virtue was indeed up after the alien invasion. They had so many people on their four servers FOR the invasion that they decided to bring up Virtue and Guardian... I have my name reserved on both. So, I guess we'll have to wait now until Sunday when the pre-orders (like me) can log on early and see what servers are up. I think it's a good sign though, that Virtue was up for name reservation.

We need to figure out which of you will be leading the guild as soon as possible so everything will be squared away and ready when the time comes.

Hehe. Well, you won't be wrong, cuz I heard Virtue wasn't going to be up either, but then with the good response on the Rikti Invasion at the end of beta....they decided to bring up the extra two. And I guess we'll all see. ;) I have names reserved on all of them, so if they're not up (cuz Virtue is gonna be my main no matter what, I think...) look for Miss Abyss on any of the other servers.

As for leader(s), let's not jump ahead of ourselves for the moment. AT least one of us will need to reach level ten...and personally, I really don't care who leads. I just want a way to hang out with the cool people I met on SWG.

Hmm. And I think that 'leader' for this MMORPG will be an easy job. Not a lot of stuff to organize, other than maybe massive raids on named bosses like Dr. Vahzilok (think I spelled that right), and helping out on each other's missions and suchlike... Well, maybe 'ehancement swapping' organization too, esp. since headquarters aren't put in quite yet (but are in the works). Haven't tried the team uniform tho....cuz I didn't belong to a team in beta. So, I'm anxious to see what that's like, and what you can do to your uniforms, and so on.

Virtue server is UP! And I got a good bit of my character names too....

They are:

Miss Abyss

Wytchfire

Bluecoat Babe

Taurea

Shock Therapy (which may or may not be changed)

Max Fury

ChaosKitten (someone took Chaos Kitten with a space in there! The nerve!)

All of them are on Virtue.

Not sure what details you want exactly...but the preorder-launch went pretty well. There was a bit of a bottleneck for about an hour and a half while 20K people tried to log on at once, but they fixed that problem. It seemed less congested than in beta too, and ran very smoothly. Miss Abyss is level 8 already (after playing just about all day with my husband, that is), and I'll be working on another character tonight....

Which means IF we want to make a supergroup, we're gonna have to think of a name pretty quick now. Heading over to that thread to see if I can't make some contributions...

Hiya Hoth,

The pre-release went very smoothly. We didn't get to play as much as we would have liked (darn kids), but we had fun and made it to level 7 or 8.

I expect the official release to go very smoothly.

I am playing as Dark Kestrel and Jagleh is playing as Dark Osprey.

We are planning to form a supergroup, but it will probably stay pretty small. I would certainly welcome teaming with you guys even if we aren't in the same super group.

I look forward to seeing you all in game.

Depends... you can get indoor instanced missions, and you can get the 'kill ten x' where 'x' can be Skulls or Circle of Thorns, or Lost or whatever. Usually it's not too hard to find the baddies you need.

It can be a problem sometimes.

For example if you get the missions to kill 10 Circle of Thorns in King's Row, it can take a little while to find them. They seem to be a fairly rare spawn, and usually only spawn on rooftops there.

On the whole, however, finding evil to fight is never a problem. Currently if a zone is getting overly populated with heroes, another instance of the zone will become available.