City Of Heroes

novawop

After going through the forums at CoH, I've found that the only complaint is a levelling treadmill. The counter for this is that you will be bored to tears if all you want to do is level. From what I can gather, the fun part of the game is more story, roleplay, adventure, casual based gaming. Considering I don't powergame at all, (Borg, Wolf, Balandar, and Martok can vouge for this), I might look into it. I am a bit of a comic book fan, and have been looking for an online game that wasn't fantasy, or starwars (StarWars replaced adventuring with tedium, and I was bored after a month.). Depending on what may happen in the rest of this month, I might be able to join you guys/gals in spandex goodness......wait...that sounds naughty.......

-Hothgorn TheBlack

aka

AtomicBelwether *CoH forums

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Jalgeh and I are in the beta and let me just confirm that this game is a lot of fun.

As a lifelong comic book collector it is a dream come true for me to be able to create and play my own superhero.

It is true that there is a levelling element to advancing your character and gaining new powers, but for me the combat and missions are so fun that it doesn't feel like a treadmill at all (more like a backpacking trip in the Sierra Nevada's).

The AI on the badguys is the best I have seen yet in a MOG (by far).

Also, it is the most three dimensional world I have ever interacted with in a game. They didn't just put things like flying and superleap into the game as an afterthought, the zone design was all carefully done with 3-d in mind.

Anyway, Jagleh and I will definitely be playing this game. Let me also say that the Beta has been remarkably stable. They have had 5000+ simulataneous users on a server, and while it was laggy, it was playable. There have certainly been server outages, but you can definitely see an improvement over time.

See you in paragon city,

Sesh/Zemach soon to be the great superhero Dark Kestrel

p.s. I will be the one in spandex...er..nevermind

So the count is three on beta, If we do start a supergroup. What server will it be on? My Super Toon is on Primary. I would love to Hang with People that supported my Guild on thier website(Mystic Legions).

The Name of the superteam would not matter to Me. Unless its something gross.

I have at the time of posting this a lvl 16 Defender Rad/Energy Powers that make me a great asset are:

1. Area effect heal

2. Mutation (a rez power)

3. Recall friend (the ability to teleport your team-mates to your side, even when they are dead/unconscious)

4. Accelerated metabolism (increases attack rate for almost 2.5 minutes)

5. Power bolt and blast

6. Flight and Hover

This is just many, many combinations, you can pick from.

Did I forget to mention. You have a primary power and secondary. Then after level 6, you can pick from power pools. You can have up to 4 power pools. Dont believe me ask you guild mates they know. Or check out: http://www.cityofheroes.com/

Someone let me know what is happening Please. thanks.

Edited by novawop

Oh, I have many many 'toons' on Prime, as it was the only server up for a long while. Let's see.... there's Miss Abyss (Dark/Reflexes Scrapper), Chaos Kitten (Claws/Reflexes Scrapper), Bluecoat Babe(Invul/Strength Tanker) (they stole my name of Blue Steel for one of their trainers darn it all!), Max Fury (Guns/Gadgets Blaster), and Nurse Pain (Empathy/Lightning Defender). Miss Abyss is my main, but I'd be glad to join a temporary supergroup... my husband plays as well as another friend of ours, and we were considering making our own little supergroup....but I have no idea if that plan is gonna be a go or not.

The game is a blast, and yes, climbing up fire escapes and jumping off the top of tall buildings is a blast. :D

Well, you take some damage from falling...the higher up you are, the more damage. Of course, if you have superleap, then you don't take damage. Or, if you bought hover (the first in the line of flying powers), you can jump, and hit hover a second or two before you hit the bottom, and stop your descent completely. I've been having fun doing that. :D

Well, unfortunately there are only three "basic" body types to play: Female, Male, and Male (Huge). The size slider can give a range of heights from 8' to 4', and the "weight" slider moves between more athletic looking to muscular looking.

What is REALLY impressive is the customization you can do to your costume. You can do just about anything....well, almost. They don't have capes in yet, nor wings; they are working on the technical aspects of coding them as they want to make sure they 'look right' instead of just slapping a two dimensional thing on your back and calling it good. I've heard they want the capes to "flow".

Soke is right, the costume design are great, I have seen great replicas of the greats.

Homer simpson, captain marvel, and my favorite ronald mcdonald. that was the best one yet. I was wonder what kinda power ronald would use to take down the bad guys though.

Edited by novawop

I figure that Ol' Ronald there would be a controller. He would probably control bad guys into gorging themselfs with greasy Mcgoodness until they're hearts fail. Otherwise he may be able to summon a few friends (Grimmis, Birdie, Hamburgler, Fry Kids, etc.), all while chanting "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, on two sesame seed buns". ............Oh god......how did i remember that? I don't eat fast food often enough to remember that........(gets out home lobotomy kit)

-cheers

-Hothgorn TheBlank

Planned Game Servers

We know you’ve wanted information about the availability of servers. So, without further ado, here are the names for some of the planned CoH servers to help you with all your game playing and team coordinating needs. Please keep in mind that not all of these servers may be live on launch day, and it's also possible that more will be live. The final exact server setup will be based on load demand and server configuration.

"Justice"

"Pinnacle"

"Virtue"

"Liberty"

"Guardian"

"Infinity"

"Protector"

"Victory"

"Champion"

Cool. It looks like we have a few people interested in playing.

I am leaning towards Liberty as our claimed server.

Any objections?

My main is going to be a Dark Melee/Regen Scrapper and Jagleh is planning to play a Dark/Dark Defender. We have tried out a few combos now, and we really like how these two play together. Plus, the Dark Magic origin is nice and full of character.

Ah, my husband and I will be playing on Virtue. :/

The reason why is that a lot of the professed roleplayers will be moving to Virtue, so we're hoping that by default it'll turn into the 'roleplaying' server, as it's not certain whether or not they'll have specific rping servers...but I'm betting they won't.

I am not opposed to playing on Virtue.

My experience with unofficial roleplaying servers has not been great, but I am certainly willing to give it a shot.

It looks like our reserved names will be across all servers for a couple of weeks, so as long as we make a decision reasonable soon at least I will have my preferred name.

Out of these 8 server:

"Justice"

"Pinnacle"

"Virtue"

"Liberty"

"Guardian"

"Infinity"

"Protector"

"Victory"

"Champion"

Only these 4 are going to be up for the 3 day pre launch.:

Prime (character names reserved on this server will be saved and accessible on the Freedom server once the 3 Day Head Start begins)

Justice

Pinnacle

Victory (formerly Name Reservation). If you already reserved a name on the Name Reservation server, you don’t need to do so again.

Yesterdays news link in COH

And I would love to meet some other T.H.E. Personnel and be a part of the team (I Hope).

It would be nice if Virtue is up for pre-launch.