Jewelcrafting Mastery for 1.5k

Crystalinne

Just wanted to state something about this process. You may notice that there are 'stages' in this process where the trivials 'jump' from being 1-4 points difference from one line to the next and then become 14 or 34 points different, like when you change from using siler to electrum bars, or electrum to gold.

All prices quoted below tend to be the Vendor prices when you find them on vendors, and when your CHA is maxxed to give you lowest price possible.

The reason is that there ARE combines you can make in between combines like from Silver-Sapphire to Electrum-Malachite. The reason is that the gems you need for those combines tend to be VERY expensive, or DROP only items, like Diamonds and Blue Diamonds. They are harder to get, and the failures you WILL get become much more costly. It is easier to jump to Malachite which costs at best price 5s2c. Mages use these for pets and LOVE the pricing =)). To go from Sapphires to Rubies is about 105p per Sapph to 131p per Ruby.

What I did, because the cost was so much less, yet I got a LOT more failures, was when I got to the point of needing Fire Opals (50p+ per gem) I decided to jump to Malachites and the next metal bar (from Silver Fire Opals to Electrum Malachites for example) . The cost of the Metal Bar remains a constant while you are using it, so you will have to weight whether the cost is worth the extra failures you will get.

What I mean is, compare the cost of paying for Silver bars and Fire Opals and then to the next gem (Star Ruby - much harder to get and a drop-only gem) which is 68p per gem or jump "up" to the cost of Electrum bars and Malachite gems at 5.2 Silver per gem. Weigh the cost carefully. You will fail more with the electrum and the cost you wind up eating in this case is the cost of the electrum bar, more than the gem, whereas to continue in silver bars and the costlier gems, your fewer failures will cause you to eat the cost of the GEMS more. It will be up to you how you want to minimize loss and loss of cost and what you deem you can afford.

I did like Rumble, but went even further and jumped from the Opal to the Malachite and the next higher bar. When I made GM in Jewelcrafting, there was no lacquered gem recipe's, so I went silver up to and including the Opal, then started the Electrum/Malachite scheme. Sure it was a 25 point jump, but was well worth it to start on the next set, as failure of 1 FO and Silver bar (total cost/value of about 50plat) far outweighs the cost of 40 failures of Electrum/Malachite combines.

I did the same thing when I got to Electrum/Opal, jumping to Gold/Malachite, again a 25 point gain, and again an easier pill to swallow for the failure rate versus the cost. (not that it matters here, but one more time this can be done from Gold/Opal to Platinum/Malachite. Remember to do Platinum for skillups because Velium trivs at the same level but is far more expensive.)

Archived