Blacksmithing to 179

Crystalinne

The HQ ore mentioned in the ornate gold gloves recipe is actually 2 High Quality Rings made from High Quality Ore available only from 3 or 4 vendors that I know about (and in limited quantities - hence the HQ Ore restocking quests that are available). The ore and the patterns you buy are very expensive. In fact, Blacksmithing is the most expensive tradeskill available that you cannot farm parts for.

HQ Ring - Large Brick of HQ Ore, Water, File - trivs at 47 you will need lots of these

Filleting Knife - 3 Metal Bits, Scaler Mold, Water - trivs at 48 - save at least two ( I lose one regularly in a forge ) (for baking)

Dairy Spoon - Recipe above save 1 (for baking later)

I got my HQ ore from a merchant in PoK who is in the building behind the guild rock. It's the building that's all the way to the right when you go up the main stairs. Once inside the building, it's the first merchant on your right. That merchant ran out a lot (after buying 20 or so HQ ores). The merchant that I found never ran out of stock was the merchant in the bazaar named Giblixi. He is in the big building in the center, a gnome, near the trader bag seller. My cha wasn't maxed and the HQ ores were about 20pp each. Crystalinne got them for about 17pp each I believe. So, if you can, get cha buffs before buying if money is a big issue.

Oh, and when you make the metal rings, you get 2 each time. So, while it still isn't that great, it's better than 1 each time.

Archived