Drugan and the orcs

Vradish

Drugan Ironfeld is a Fairly old Dwarf who has settled down from his young days of adventuring and decided to open a bar which sells the area's most famous beer Ironfield Mash. Though Drugan is settled down he is still very strong and keeps his favourite axe the "Sweaver" close to him always since it was made by his ancestors a many years ago from Mithril and Iron and passed down many generations. As most barkeepers Drugan enjoys his job and loves to listen to adventures of young vagabonds, but his dearest of customers is Riker Paladinus who is indeed one of the few Rangers left. Unlike most Rangers, Riker likes to keep himself more open and tell people of his adventures. When Drugan listens to the many adventures of Riker he becomes enthralled and brings himself back to the days of his adventuring .He thinks he’s the strongest dwarf on earth and that he can slaughter everybody! But enough of this Jibberish. Weeb wunt sturie! :D

Chapter 1 "All In An Honest Day's Work"

"Drugan! Another fine blend of your Ironfeld Mash over here on the double", yelled a customer.

"Aye Laddie, hold yer horses and dont talk to me like a slave or you will be out of here in no time!', Drugan exclaimed while fumbling in the cabinet looking for another keg of Ironfeld Mash. "Ah ha! Tis a fine blend here it is I say. I made this one 10 years ago!"

"Well if ya keep talkin and begin to open that keg we wont have to wait another 10 for you to finally serve us!", boomed another customers voice which sent most of the bar laughing.

"A'ight laddy ya got me. Here's the beer!", and with that Drugan popped the top off the keg and watched the foam begin to rise. "Sure does smell good.", with that comment he dipped a few mugs in the keg and passed the out to customers.

"Thank ya Drugan! Couldn't have made a better blend!", proclaimed a grey clad Dwarf.

"Aye, a compliment like that deserves another beer on the house lad. Here ya go!"

"That's it? So that's all your nephew gets for complimenting your drink?", said the grey clad Dwarf.

"And ye should be glad you get even that Rimgrim, with the amount of beer you get free from me as it is."

"Blah, blah, blah.", said Rimgrim finishing his second mug smiling.

Later that day Drugan set off to deliver a keg of his beer to a friend's house who bought it the day earlier.

"Hmmm.. the suns a going down. May haps Turgrow will have some supper he can invite me to.", said Drugan to himself.

"May haps you could be supper! Groik!", yelled a Orc in a harsh voice as 2 other orcs appeared on the road. Drugan begin to back up into his cart in which the keg was in and slowly began to lift out his axe.

"Ahhh, uld dwurf ufraid of us urcs? Muybe ufter weeb eet lat weeb cun wash duwn weeb throats wit dad keg uf yers!" hissed the Orc.

"No Orc lays tongue on my beer!", with that Drugan cleaved his axe in the direction of the first orc and skewing off its legs.The orc dropped to the ground as the other two advanced. "Come Sweaver lets show em there is still muscle in the arms and legs!" and Drugan started to swing the axe over his and one of the orcs went in with a swing of its sword. Drugan backstepping dodged the blow and swiftly dispatched the head of the orc. "Only one more to go.", said Drugan to himself, but to Drugan's surprise the orc ran away. "Wow what a rousing fight. Haven't had one in years. I see my fighting skills are still tip top.", after the statement Drugan cleaned off his axe and put it back in the cart and began heading down the road again, leaving the dead orc bodies for the carrion.

Chapter 2 "Mystery Mage"

Drugan, after delivering the keg of his beer to a friends house and running into the skirmish with the orc decided to head home for a good nights rest. Unbeknownst to him the Orc still very angry of the loss of his companions decided to gather a few orcs for revenge.

The next day at the bar.......

"I tell ya they were as big as trolls almost! But it didn't scare me old bones. I grabbed my axe and split the first one in two, and the second one I hacked off its head before it could raise a sword. Then the last one ran in fear I tell ya. Its no lie!", proclaimed Drugan while polishing a mug.

"Sure, sure, and I the son of the great King!", Riker said laughingly. Riker was built for his age. By his looks he was in his thirties. Clad in green, with a sword strapped to his side and a leather tunic.

"Ahh, and what adventures have you been in lad lately? I'd love to here some more of your great adventures though none of them shall match the one I had yesterday! I say!", said Drugan Boastingly.

"Oh old man you should know my adventures by now! I was here but only three days ago."

"Bah, anyways I like your stories. Keeps reminding me of my younger days.",said Drugan who handed his good customer and friend, Riker, a fresh mug of Ironfield Mash. "Anyways a ranger like you gets out and about quite a bit!"

"You think too much of me. But a good friend you are! Cheers!"

"Cheers!"

"Yo Drugan! Another beer over here", shouted a customer.

"Coming! Hold your britches. Can't have a decent conversation without people interrupting."

At that time a loud commotion outside could be heard.

"What in the blazes is that commotion all about!", exclaimed Drugan. Looking to the door he saw to his surprise the orc and three friends with him. The dwarf picked up a nearby customer and threw him against the wall.

"Liddul Dorf kum owt und clump! Lat shull tuste da Iron ub me blade!", grunted the orc.

"You first!", and with that Drugan dashed to the other side of his counter to grab his axe.

Riker unsheathing his sword and seeing the old dwarf wasn't lying about the skirmish decided to have some fun with these orcs.

"Come ya green uglies! Im Riker Paladinus and my blade is the DarkCrusader! Who wants to feel its bite first?", shouted Riker to the Orcs.

And with that challenge the Orcs ran headfirst at the Ranger while the lead orc jumped the counter to meet Drugan.

"Thunk!"

"Whew axe nearly got me there but a bit slow you are orc!", said Drugan merrily as he swung his axe cleanly swiping the head off the lead orc.

On the other hand Riker wasnt having an easy time like he thought he would with three orcs on him.

"Drugan some help would be greatly appreciated here!"

"Skah pushdug oomie scared??", questioned one of the orcs evilly.

Then to everyone's surprise three fireballs flew out of the corner of the bar frying the orcs.

"Hey where did those come from?!", Riker shouted.

"Look a black figure just ran out!", shouted a customer.

"Hmmm.. must be a mage. But what is he doing in a bar?", Drugan said cleaning off the mess on his bar.

"I dunno. But Ill check up on it for ya Drugan. But I think we have a worse matter at hand right now. For one the stench of these three roasted orcs.", said Riker in disgust of the stench.

"Wish we had a mage now to make the stench disappear! Oh well! All in a honest day's work I say. For one thing I have had a good past two days with all the excitement.

With everything said and done. Drugan cleaned the bar out and went to business like normal. While Riker set out in search of the mysterious mage to find out who or what it really is.

Edited by Vradish

Chapter 3: SeedCake"

"Hail!", shouted a familiar person.

"Hail!", replied Drugan. "May I ask who is barging into my bar like an old friend?"

"Oh common you old fart it is me Kaylim!"

"I know I know just messing with your small mind.", said Drugan Laughing.

"Ill show you small mind, old man", replied Kalim.

"Old man? Well this old man took out a few orcs these past days!", said Drugan boastingly.

"You say? Well what news! I would love to here it over a mug of your beer."

"Freeloading again Kaylim?", Drugan questioned suspiciously.

"No no no. I brought some seedcake that I made. It is very good, and Im sure you will enjoy it.", said Kaylim holding out a box full.

"Wow! you sure did pack quite a bit for me.", Drugan said eyeing the cakes. and slowly reached in and pulled out one of the round seedcakes and took a bite. "MMMmmmm... I say! These are good."

"Yes it is a secret recipe of mine."

"This deserves another mug of beer for ya.", after saying that Drugan poured two mugs for his friend and one for himself.

"I have an idea. Lemme see how it works.", at saying that Kaylim grabbed a seedcake from the box and dipped it in the beer and took a drink. "Woah! That makes the hair on the back of your neck stick up. It seems the ingredients I used for my seedcake react with your beer causing a very strong taste."

"Lemme see about that. Drugan dipped a seedcake into his drink and the preceded to take a bite. "Wow! I don't say! That boosts the taste ten fold. I have an idea. Bring three more boxes of that tomorrow and I will give you a keg of my beer. Agreed?"

"Agreed! Well Ill head home now and get to cookin. Thanks!", and after saying that Kaylim stood up and walked out the door bumping Riker on the way out.

"Hey what about my story!!!", shouted Drugan.

"Maybe another time old man!", shouted Kaylim walking out of sight.

"No respect for the elders I say.", said Drugan. "Well hello Riker. What is the news of the mage?"

Riker walked up to the bar thirsty for a drink and something to eat. "Nothing on the mage yet. Have anything to eat? Im quite thirsty also."

"You couldn't have came at a better time try this.", said Drugan. "Its seedcake"

"With that Riker grabbed a mug and a seedcake and took a bite. "Mmmm.. this is good."

"Aye now dip it in the beer."

"Where did ya get this?", after saying that Riker dipped the cake in and took a drink.

"From Kaylim. The Dwarf you bumped into on the way ou....!", then Drugan looked in Disgust. "For Pete's sake you just puked a good load all over my bar! Now clean that up!", and Drugan grabbed a rag and tossed it to Riker.

"It's not my fault. That cake must have had some reaction to the beer. I couldn't handle it."

"Aye I forget. Your only a human and can not take as much beer. I think the cake enhances the taste.", said Drugan laughingly and then began to laugh as Riker began to spew again.

"Well once you get that out of your system and clean the mess come to the back I have some chicken. It might go better in your stomach."

And with all said and done. Drugan went back to serving customers. While Riker spewed the rest of the seedcake out and cleaned up his mess. That was when Riker began to get a burning sensation in his stomach and knew that the seedcake was going to give him a painful day.

A few hours later the bar was surrounded by orcs and there were two leaders,one with the head of Kaylim and the other with Kaylim's hart. Drugan took his Sweaver and slashed around but he couldn’t harm the orcs. ”Skah, pushdug oomie tries tu harmz uz!!Whahahaha”

“Weeb am da skullcrusherclan agh we hab kum fer revenge"

Then the orcs killed Drugan and all the costumers on a bloody way. They went back with Drugans’head and hook it on a pile in there dark camp.

(This was vradish' storie)

Edited by Vradish