Ug ug!

Vidarok

Lok-Tar Ogar Clan Skullcrusher! I have long wandered the wilds of our new homeland of Kalimdor, searching for a Clan to call my own. My common dialect may seem strange to you my brethren, but I urge you, do not turn my away for it. I was long a prisoner of the oomies, and I was not brought up in the tongue of our noble forefathers as many of you were. I submit my plea to the Elder Nobs with humility; my fate is in your hands.

OOC: I learned about Clan Skullcrusher via Warcry. You guys have greatly impressed me with your clearly defined chain-of-command, commitment to Warcraft roleplaying, and well-designed forums. I can bring a variety of talents to the Clan and I have extensive experience with MMORPG's. In conclusion, I would love to join. :yub:

PS: If you guys have any other questions don't hesitate to ask!

Ug Der!! Gud tu see nudder urk! Uz nub blah oomie blah, oomies nub gud tu urks. Dem enslav uz. Su uz nub blah dems blah. Kin lat lern tu blah urk blah? Ur unly oomie blah?

OOC: Well met! The above says, more or less, that we do not speak the language of the humans since they enslaved us. This is one of our strict points in the clan, allows us to be different than all of the other players out there. I hope this will not turn you away from the clan! :yub:

Otherwise, take the time to fill out our application here! :nub: We can definitely use some good orcs!

FYI: We are still working on the about/history and language sections of the website.

Edit: Oops, copied and pasted from my word document. Had part of an email in there :) Edited out now.

Edited by Grulg

Ug der!

Lat welkum tu joyn da Skullcrushers! Lat fil owt da aplee.. da apleee. da apleeeekay.. *growls* Lat skribulz on da ting to joyn Skullcrushers yet?

Lat kan fynd da ting heer Lat cleek heer!

Und lat blah in oomie. Dat iz nub guut. Oomies nasti und dey smelz! Yub, dey smelz! Und me heer dat dey eet der cubs! Yub! Iz da trooth! Lat kan neber truzd da oomies!

Lat iz yung? Yub? Iz uki. Da clan wel teech yung cubz. Lat kan lern tu blah old orc eezy. Me kan shoo lat!

Uki. Me nub gunna blah nub moor. Eberywun blah dat me blah tu mooch. Lat dink so tu? :yub:

Warmaster Grulg

OOC: I understand your point concerning the Orkish language. On the positive side, I can read it pretty well. As you no doubt noticed, I integrated some of the Orkish words into my RP application. In the future, I would try to continue along that path. So don't worry: I'm not turned off by your Clan's rule! :yub:

PS: I know it may seem like something of a cop-out, but my RP justification for my character's lack of fluency in the Orkish language is that he was born into one of the prison camps that the Orcs were jailed in prior to Thrall's ascent to power. To prevent the Orcs from usurping the authority of their human overseers, they were barred from speaking in their native tongue. Thus, Vidarok's lack of a traditional Orkish upbringing forces him to speak in the "Common" language of the Alliance. I thought such a background would add a interesting dimension to Vidarok's character.

Edited by Vidarok

Skah! Lat blah tu muj Uglutz. Wud su hurd blahn apla... apla... skah! APLAKISHUN. Der, me blah id!

Su lat nub blah urk? Ur lat lern tu blah id? Uglutz agh me kin teej lat tu blah urk! :yub: Uglutz gud blah'r. Imz blah ull tyme. ULL DA SKAH'N TYME!

Edited by Grulg

OOC: Yup, for a background story that is perfectly fine. I have Grulg as a peacful orc living in the mountains in his past.... but he is a bloodthirsty orc now :yub: That story will come in time. An idea: You can always write part two of your story when you meet/decide to join the Skullcrusher Orc Clan and adopt the ways of your brethren. >8]

Edit: oops, logged in wrong account again :nub:

Edited by Balandar

<stares at Uglutz and Gruglg with an expression that conveys both utter confusion and awe>

Erm...yub! I would be deeply honored my Lo-Elder Nobs if you would teach me the tongue of the Horde! Meeb rulg! As for the Aplakishun, I'll shall do it immediatley Vuduboss.

<bows and goes to another chamber to do the application>

OOC: I plan on doing just that Grulk. :yub:

Edited by Vidarok

Vidarok lay on a small cot within the Skullcrusher Clan fortress. Despite his best efforts, he could find no rest.

"Evidently, it has hidden itself within the halls of this fortress." he thought to himself.

Hours had passed, and still no answer had come. He had retired to his chamber some time ago after completing his application. Suddenly, just as the elusive rest he sought began to spring from its hiding place, he heard footsteps echoing down the halls. He did not stir; indeed, he hardly knew whether or not the Orc that was coming to his room was coming to execute him. If he lay still, he would have the element of surprise and then...he stopped short.

"What am I thinking? This is not a prison. The humans hold no more power here than a breeze would against a battlement!" Vidarok muttered.

His musings were interrupted by the sound of the hatch on his oaken door sliding open. A flicker of light peaked through the doorway, revealing a peon with a letter in his hand. The peon, believing Vidarok asleep, left the note on the floor and left the chamber. As soon as the door shut, Vidarok leapt from his bed and broke the seal on the scroll so that he could read its contents.

"Lat am ab uz!"

~Warboss Grulg~

~Vuduboss Uglutz~

A shout of exultation exploded within Vidarok's torso, but he managed to hold it in. He surveyed his humble surroundings, and then looked at the letter again. A wide grin spread across his face and he climbed into his cot. As he felt sleep enveloping him, one word blazed in his mind."

"Home."