Matrix 3

Rebma

Synth and I went to see the Matrix 3 tonight. What A big, steaming, smooshy load of disappoinment. :cry::cry::cry: I've been emotionally robbed! I'm all :( IRL....now we're going to see Pirates of the Caribean again cause I want a happy ending love story!!!!!!!!*sigh* I'm so distraught. ???

I'm going to go cry in my turkey leftovers now.

Oh and note to Synth: *hello* DEAD! he was not unconscious, he was dead I tell you!!!!

Well, I saw the Matrix 3 when it came out...and although it was better than the second one(actually, watching a clogged toilet brings more entertainment than the second) it couldn't even raise a torch to a first one.

I think any of the hundred different reviews of the movie would basically sum it up well enough.

The only thing I have to add to that is, I'm still wondering which one is worse...Star Wars: Episode 1 & 2 (And most definately 3), The Matrix, or **SPOILER** the crap they are doing with RETURN OF THE KING!

As I was sitting dazed at the doctor's office today, I was reading through the Entertainment Magazine and read a little piece out of it talking about the new movie. Within this article, they had a little side bar that had a few of the scenes that were either being cut out of the movie or were not even filmed.

There were a few scenes within it that were cut...One involving the Lady of Rohan and her growing interest in Aragorn. (Okay, I can see this one being cut)

Another one was of Sauron being killed by Wyrmtongue(Can't remember how to spell)

And then I saw THIS one....The scene at the end of the trilogy where the Hobbits return home after their long adventure to find that their home has been destroyed and forced to fight for their own freedom, was CUT entirely from the story plot. Jackon DIDN'T even FILM it! He thought it was the worst part of the whole trilogy.

I can rant on for hours and hours about this...I honestly think it's one of the most important themes of the book series being brought full circle. This scene was to show Tolkien's belief that you can always return home but you can never return home and expect that everything will stay the same. Grr! Wrath! Anger!

I don't know what's worse...the fact that he did that or the fact that he gave Arwin(Who appears I think in a whopping 4 whole pages of the entire Trilogy) a central role, or the fact that they have to remove a whole portion of the book. I think it's something like 40 pages at the end of the book(If not more).

Grrrr.........This post had to be seen just as I got killed and lost my level :/ Apologize for rants.

I totally agree about Arwen. She's third on the billing and she's not even supposed to even have a big role! However, I thought that the end of the Return of the King was pretty lame (the part with "Sharky", etc). It didn't seem to go with the rest of the book(s) and I can see why it was cut. But there should still be a scene with them coming home and the others (I'm not gonna say who's leaving because I don't want to spoil anything) leaving to Valinor. And I'd like to add that I though that those two Star Wars movies sucked, but I thought that the 3rd Matrix was the best!

Matrix 3:

Likes: DEATH! Lots of it and just the people who needed to die most. DIE DIE DIE DIE!

The captain of the APU forces was the man. Give that dude an oscar.

The french dude getting punked. Any time the french get punked things are good.

The continuation of the biblical references and overtones. Best part IMHO.

Dislikes: The "Force".

If Neo was any more oblivious I'd have to strangle someone.

Trinity needs to either be a real woman or be a hard ass. Not both.

Gosh Darned it Morpheus, knock dem boots!

Link, stop being everyone's lap dog.

Smith needs to either be funny or be a wooden post, ala William Shatner.

Return of the King:

SHUUUUUUSH! I never got around to being able to read the darn books and I wasn't about to read em after seeing the Fellowship of the Ring. Let me falsly enjoy the movies and then be disapointed later when I read the books!

Episode 3:

Anakin had better whip out some hard core whup-arse. I wanna see mad Jedi Death, but Mace Windu better represent before goin down.

Edited by Nithas

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a guy about The Two Towers. He kept ranting about how he hated the Ents and boring and irrelevant they were in the movie. I had to ask if he had even read the book, and of course the obvious answer was no. All I could do after my initial anger, mainly because I really like Treebeard in both the movie and book, all I could was laugh at him.

I still need to see Matrix 3

Still need to read Return of the King, I have forgotten most of it.

But most important I need to make 60. heheheh :cry:

I like the fact that there are religious inferences within the Matrix, but I do think they were a little too, "LOOK, JESUS!" for my tastes. They didn't keep everything as low key for me...I don't know, the first movie was so great. It's one of the few movies where I left the theatre and talked to my friends about it with honest philosophical intrigue.

I even have the book: "The Matrix and Philosophy". What I think made the first movie so great, and what makes me gag with the second and third is, they took a lot of those subtle stories woven into the movie and instead of finding a way to keep them as the undertone just decided to blare them out.

The first time I ever saw the Matrix I really had no idea who Plato or Socrates were besides the fact that they were dead and they talked a lot. So hours and hours of debates would be brought up with my friends about what was right and what was wrong.

Then, I took my first Philosophy class and I was amazed at how many great philosophical questions were raised within that movie that I would never have seen if I wasn't forced to sit down and read these great works. Suffice to say, I've almost changed my major to Philosophy on many occasions(not because of the Matrix :cry:) because of the amazing wealth of knowledge and worthy questions are there.

To me, however, the second and third movie just turned into a bad action movie attempting to be the next great Literary work of our time.

To end this little rant, I shall make two statements...One from the animated series "Clerks" and one from my own head.

Randal to George Lucas: "Come on, be honest. You've been telling these people that you have been sitting on these scripts for years, but in reality it was just something you wrote over a weekend. In closing, I want my 8 bucks back."

My own statement: I firmly believe that when a movie director makes something amazing, such as Star Wars or the Matrix, that they should not be allowed to write their own follow ups. George Lucas only wrote the first Star Wars book/movie, but was bankrupt and was forced to allow two other people to write Empire and Jedi. Now that he has oodles of money, he comes back and totally ruins the grandeur that everyone else has built upon.

I dunno...Toulia and her big mouth...

Anyone who didnt see the end of the Matrix 3 being based on the religous elements was being foolish. The previews emphasised only a FEW of the matrix-based sequences. They showed a LOT of the RL carnage and action. Put it together, and you should have been prepped for what we got.

I left feeling great. Not as pumped as 1 and 2, but definitely sated that an end had been reached and the philosophical and religous themes were suitably addressed. I was not expecting a lot of Matrix action but did expect a lot of the battle for Zion action.

Oh well. People wanted the solution to happen in the matrix. In fact, it came in the Real World. And the sacrifices people make for others.

Good point BAlandar, I always overlook the main forum...anyhow, from a male perspective I guess I could see the interest...death, destruction....but I was so enthralled in #'s 1 & 2 with the whole ongoing Trinity Neo love story (*sigh* *swoon*) that here I'm thinking oh in #3 they just have to save Zion and make pretty lil babies and live happily ever after. (OMG my parents read me tooo many fairy tales as a kid) :reading::silly:

Actually, when I went to see Matrix 3: Revulsions, I expected it to be a bad movie. I expected to see forced symbolism, bad acting, and alot of overdone moves. I wanted to see the "over the top" scenes, the bleeding edge special effects. Instead, I saw not just a bad movie, but a movie that somewhat resembles the matrix world. It was the lesser of the series because it had very little of what made the first great. There very little explosive scenes compared to the first two. Plus, why in hell did they continue to push the fact that they had a different woman playing the oracle? We know the original died, which is sad, but they acted as if it were integral to the plot. Plot.....what an odd little word eh? To bad so little of it was used.

It came down to one thing folks: Style. The same thing that ruins so many sequels. When style becomes more important than the setting, plot, and characters, you end up with pretty pictures. If that.

May the schwarze be with you.........

-Hoth

Matrix 3 went the way of the Batman series of movies IMO. The first one was great but in sequals they start to push the limits with the special effects because they know they can't top the first one, so scenes become more and more far-fetched and unrealistic basically. Like the whole drawn out fight scene between Neo and Smith at the end of 3...it was one of those :) "oh brother give me a break" kinda things.

To be fair, I haven't seen Matrix: Reloaded yet, but I was fairly disapointed by Revolutions also. Not knowing who half the characters were didn't help my perception of the movie either.

None shall ever hold a candle to the orginal. I did enjoy the fight in Zion ... particuraly the APU fight. I want one of those :)

The fight with Neo and Smith at the end ... I was waiting for Neo's hair to turn yellow, it was so much like something out of Dragon Ball Z.

The dialogue seemed too scripted too, but ah well. I can say I've seen it at least.