Anyone interested?

Hothgorn TheBlack

*laughs* I posted the hell outta this forum about a month ago, and assumed I was going in alone. I plan to play this game, and have it preordered. I dont plan on convincing anyone to play it. It lookes to be right up my ally, but with no pvp, I understant why some will boycot. It has a lot more going for it then most games, but at the same time without that level of interaction, I understand its lacking. Either way, Ill be there, so if yall wanna meet up, just let me know.

(For the record, Dec. 9 is that release date.)

If they had SOME kind of PvP I would play, but just running around killing monsters all the time will get boring fast. Anyway, if enough are interested and someone from T.H.E. forms a guild on there, let me know and we'll get Wolf working on the graphics for the website.

Welp, I will do so fact finding as we get closer to release to find out how many members are interested, and I apreciate the offer Bal. Im hoping I can snag at least a few of our members on over *grins* but I plan to play either way. On the subject of pvp, they plan to introduce it within the first six months as an "arena expansion." Basicly a public building will be available where you can make challanges for duels, guild vs guild, or race vs race pvp. Right now though they are focused on releasing a balanced game with pvm and crafting, and including pvp would have pushed the release date too far back, and people would have lost interest. Either way I will be starting a branch if I can get feedback, and once the pvp expansion comes out I will be doing another recruiting drive here on the boards. *Smiles*

I'm still not sure myself. I've been playing MMORPGs since EQ started (and Major MUD before that). I'm a bit tired of the whole Fantasy setting, and Star Wars replaces adventuring with tedium. With burning up my car engine, I'm spending much more time with games that are online for free. If I were to try another online game, I might try something different like City of Heroes, just for variety in genre.

Although, playing a dragon would be fun, everyone else is saying that too.

Borg had always planned on starting out our guild in Horizons named Eclipse (and us all being dragons)

Don't know where the interest now lays though.

I really don't know what I want to do. Will definately be in WoW. Also will give Final Fantasy a try. But I am a sucker and will most likely at least try Horizons as well (only as a dragon though! )

On the issue of Dragons:

First off, Im sure as all gods willing going to play one, no questions in my mind. But a word of warning. To prevent "Dragon inflation" they have made them quite difficult to play. They will still "level" in they typical fashion, and are on no kind of curve there. But there are two mitigating factors which must be taken into account in order to "truely" advance. One is horde size. A dragons horde is constantly with them, but can never be withdrawn from. At any point you can deposite gold, items, or weapons into it, and your horde will be credited. You can never take them back, but your horde will never shrink. Horde size will directly effect the power of your "dragon" abilities, which you have few of at first, then many by the upper teirs. These include breath weapon (of varying types) flight, and innate magic. All very powerful abilities. Second is age. This is real world age, not "time logged in" age. So while you can be a level 50 adolecent, you will have to wait a set ammount of time before you can take your rite of passage, which leads to adulthood. The same stands for the rite from adulthood to anchient. Your current age level determines which dragon abilities you have access to, not how powerful they are. An ancient dragon of high level with a good horde can fly all day, use its breath wep midair, has several options on which wep to use, wither it be fire, cold, acid, sonic, so on and so forth. Quite an impressive beast indeed. *grins*

Hope this little rant helps yall out. On a side note, the other races are pretty interesting too hehe

I go through spells. I'll powergame for a while, then I'll just be the socializer. Dragon still sounds like too much fun to pass up.

Hopefully Swann can get lots of info from Markhamn and let us know!

Groovy, but don't get into trouble, if you don't have to. We'll find out soon enough I'm sure. I, am a non powergamer, and have no intentions to being one. If I can, I'd like to tell bad jokes, and "experience" something new. We'll see.

Archived