Camping spells

Rebma

Admidst all the rantings and ravings about the guild loot policy, and idea was brought up that I'd like bring up again and see if you all think its something "do-able". Synth suggested that maybe we could camp the KEI and AEGO scrolls instead of the guild bank having to shell out mega-bucks for these spells. Even though the price of KEI has recently dropped about 30k (its down to 30 or 40k from its original 60 to 70K), we're still talking about alot of money. I hear AEGO runs about 15kish and thats also quite a bit too if you think about all the up and coming clerics we have. I've seen how far we've been coming on raids folks and we're really starting to get our acts together *despite a few mishaps, but we've learned from mistakes made and conformed* and I really think this could happen. And yes, I do know that KEI is now researchable but #1) finding the pages for it is like finding a needle in a haystack. #2)you have to have a majorly pumped up research skill (and I havent been able to advance mine more than its current 176 with the old pages) and #3) to buy the research pages is becoming almost as expensive as buying the spell, IF you can find someone selling them. *and this doesn't include failures either*. I have a list of the mobs that KEI drops off of (8 mobs now that I know of) :

High Priest Gakkernog (Acrylia Caverns)

The Itraer Vius (Akheva Ruins)

The Va'Dyn (Akheva Ruins)

Xerkizh the Creator (Ssraeshza Temple)

Rhag Zherum (Ssraeshza Temple)

Rhag Mozdezh (Ssraeshza Temple)

Grieg Veneficus (Grieg's End)

Doomshade (The Umbral Plains)

Now as far as Aego dropping mobs go, I don't have a list yet so I'll have to look that up and post where that drops as well, but in the meantime, we could think about whether or not we could save the guild bank alot of money and camp these scrolls instead of buying them.

Rebma

level 56 pain in the neck

just a thought, but when was the last time you were in SSRA, that is where the KEI spell drops most offten, it only drops off 60+ mobs and those are named mobs, AKA: Arch Lich Rhag'Zadune,

these mobs are no joke, if the guild as a hole wants to camp those drops I would suggest you

start with SSRA com1 and learn the zone and mobs from that point, at com1 the guild as a whole will be able to pick up a lot of nice spells for all classes, most spells that drop at com1 are 55-60 spells

but you will not see KEI and other high damand spells drop there, once the guild has a feel for

SSRA move on to the second floor, known as com2, once again you will see a number of every nice spells drop, but as for Kei you will need to camp named on second and 3 floor,

as for some of the other mobs and zones you list, the Acrylia caverns mob that drops KEI is in the castle, you should also know that mob is part of a ring war, or wave war,

If the guild as a whole is going to camp for kei work it from SSRA, those other zone are nothing nice

and could end up with some very ugly CR's or a necro spending endless time summoning corpses,

First i'ld like to say thanks to reb for taking the time to find all this information.

But at this point slot can't take out any of these mobs.

The easiest is probably doomshade, and he is level 66 and hits for 300-400 and flurries (this means it gets an extra attack each round) every round and is unslowable. From what i've heard need 24 + people average level 59 or higher. We are close to that, but i think it would be a horrible slaughter. Doomshade is also the one easiest to get a chance at due to the fact that he is spawnable.

Grieg is also an easier mob on the list and he has a 650 DD pbaoe that he like to cast a lot.

I've been on a Itraer Vius raid before, we had 35 or so people average level was 63 to take him out.

I wouldn't plan on seeing any of the ssra mobs yet, that dungeon is very difficult.

I don't know anything about the high priest in acrylia or the va'dyn in akheva, so can't say anything about them.

Sorry if this bursts your bubble, but if we have an immediate need for a spell, buying it is really the only way we can acquire one.

I had a KEI drop off a legionnaire in Sanctus Seru. You'll likely need 2 groups to do this, a CotHer and some decent damage, but the drops are decent enough. They have the same loot table as most of the uber named in Luclin. KEI and Aegolism are now researchable as well. LoY provides a few ways to get these spells, as items drop off high-end named maobs throughout EQ!

By the way, Aegolism is presently only about 2 to 3K in the bazaar. BoA (group Aegolism) is going for about 15K.

There is no need to get a force strong enough to take out Arch Lich or any of the other Tier4+ mobs in Luclin like Grieg, these spells drop off lesser mobs of equal or close level, though they are rare drops. Kill enough of em, and we'll have the spells we want.

I (Baldaek) recently got Call of the Predator off a Royal Shik'Nar in Fungus Grove. These are about level 56, and social, meaning they will assist their kind.

These spells are out there, just gotta take the chances needed to go get them.

Shan

Archived