Publish 12 Today

Martok

Posted on FYI of UO.com:

Publish 12 will be published to all remaining shards today, to be active following their next maintenance period. The schedule for these maintenance periods is as follows:

All East Coast and Central shards (with the exception of Chesapeake) will be taken down for an unscheduled maintenance at 2:00 pm CDT, July 23rd.

Japanese and Korean Shards will be taken down for their normal maintenance period on at 8:00 AM local time, July 24th (JST).

European Shards will be taken down for their normal maintenance period at 5:00 am local time, July 24th (GMT).

Siege Perilous will be taken down for its normal maintenance period at 5:00 am, July 24th (CDT).

Formosa will be taken down for its normal maintenance period at 8:00 am local Taiwan time, July 24th.

Oceania will be taken down for its normal maintenance period at 5:00 am local Sydney time, July 24th.

AOL Legends will be taken down for its normal maintenance period at 5:00 am EDT, July 24th.

The changes will be added to Latest Game Updates once the publish is active on all shards

None of the posts on the boards have said.  If you check previous posts, it is said that vet rewards are going to be part of publish 12.  I would guess that it will be included. *crosses fingers*

Publish 12 should include the following fixes/changes to UO.

-Additional Changes to uo

Changes to visual/sound problems within Third Dawn, Changes to the zoom-in feature, Vendor Menu Localization

-Blue Players stuck in the mintax strong hold.

Information on "blue" players becoming stuck in the Minax Stronghold.

-Addtional Fixes

Additional fixes to Faction messaging and blade spirit/Energy Vortex changes.

-Localization Changes

Fixes added for some localization text

-Change to weapon skill modification

Changes to how modification of skills from weapons appear on the skill itself

-Various Fixes and changes

Various Fixes for Ultima Online

-Ultima Online Rewards Program

The Ultima Online Rewards program is designed to reward our long-term players for loyalty to the UO community.

-Unused Character cleanup.

This system is designed to reduce back-up times by removing unused characters.

For deatiled information go to www.uo.com > "Testing For next update"

All of the above listed items, should be part of the publish 12. Whenever that may be.. The orginial publish date for this, was July 19th. and that was pushed back.. so i would expect delays. =(

-Fuddy

Also I read Vet rewards will be published but not turned on until they know that the rest of the patch is working. Then they will turn rewards on a few shards at a time.

Can't find where I read it but it was on the UO boards and Lum's site.

Ok, i finally got the "server will be going down shortly" message.. and I think in 3 years playing uo.. ive never been so happy to see that message! lol..

well kids.. *sighs* THIS IS IT! 3 years in concept, and we are FINALLY getting our vet rewards! man.. its been long enough!

-Fuddy

Quote from Fuddy, posted on

well kids.. *sighs* THIS IS IT! 3 years in concept, and we are FINALLY getting our vet rewards! man.. its been long enough!

And apparently it's still not long enough.. was up till 4am (Btw, the only good thing to come of this update was the UNBELIEVABLE reg vendor respawn rate.. it's insane.. bulk reg sellers are out of business as of tonight) and still no server down, patch changes, or modifications to show my account's acctual age.

My guess is at least another week or two before vet rewards are up.:angry:

And I've finally figured it out the pattern... Whenever EA puts the line "Various Fixes for Ultima Online" in the list of updates, accounts are terminated, players are TOTALLY P*#$ED OFF, and nothing EVERY works like it did before..

*thinks of a song he heard before*

"Prepatchday"

(lyrics and performance by Midas)

prepatchday - all the bugs, they seemed so far away

now it looks as though they're here to stay

oh, I believe in prepatch day

suddenly - this is not the game it used to be

there's a skill nerf hanging over me

oh, damn patch day came suddenly

why lag had to grow, I don't know - they wouldn't say

skill gains very wrong, now I long for prepatchday

prepatchday - "this is such a killer game", I'd say

now I need a private shard to play

oh, I believe in prepatch day

Based upon, with the utmost respect for and apologies to:

"Yesterday" - The Beatles

Okay I found this on UOMain, it was posted July 16th.

Publish 12 Update Jul 16 2001 6:37PM  

Since activating Publish 12 on the Chesapeake shard in late June, we have been monitoring the shard closely, and we are targeting to release the final week of the event scenario publish to the Chesapeake shard on Tuesday, July 17th. Once it is determined that there are no unforeseen issues involving the final week of the Savage Empire scenario and Publish 12, a schedule will be set for the release of Publish 12 to the other shards.

Publish 12, which includes the veteran rewards system, is our highest priority, and we hope to see it released to all shards soon. We are looking to roll out Publish 12 to all shards by late next week, but please understand that due to testing considerations and time-sensitive problems that may arise, all schedules may be subject to change.

A list of the changes included in this publish can be found in Testing for the Next Update.

Considering the complexities of the rewards system, we will wait until all public shards have received Publish 12 before the veteran rewards system will be activated. Once all shards are running Publish 12, and we are confident that the veteran rewards system is functioning properly, we will begin to activate veteran rewards systematically on pre-determined shards. Please note that this means that players will not be able to choose rewards immediately once the publish is received. We are working to see that this delay will be as short as possible, and we appreciate your patience.

Now so far from what I can see only the USA has been had the publish. I may be wrong about that though. But looks to me like we have to wait for all the shards to be published and then SLOWLY one shard at a time they will turn on vet rewards.

So hmm, go back to sleep, no rewards for a week or two or three or ......................................