8x8 Explained

Winter Wind

Ok. New folks coming along everyday. They hear about 8x8 but have no clue what it really is.

This essay expalins it in detail.

Only one thing I didn't see in it: Beware the monsters of the sea!!!!

Here it is, happy reading, and yes there is a program out there that can make this easier to do.

8x8 in plain english

Gator!!! I remember learing from this about three (maybe it was two, im a little fuzzy at this point) years ago, I learned from it. Gator is exceptional, and Im thrilled you have added a link to the forum. I can remember a very frustrating night spent with sno ball (a few of you may remember him spending last summer with us) trying to explain 8x8 to him. The way I do it is using UOA and UOA8x8 a program that plays off UOA in order to guarentee gains. It recognizes when you gain and automaticly stops at the correct tile and moves you forward in order to truely guarentee gains. Well... I spend four full hours trying to explain this when sno decides to bring up the fact that he does not have UOA... and is unwilling to do it the manual way. This is after four hours of back and forth... Maybe you had to be there... :)

It is easiest on a boat beacuse there are no trees or rocks or logs to block your progress. Nor as many monsters. Plus, there are some parts of the ocean in UO that allow you to sail "around the world." Think back to your Pac-Man days. When you went off the top of the screen, you came back on the bottom of the screen, and continued moving up. It's the same thing here.