Imperial Purple Shade Debate

Borg

PGoHShades2.JPG

In the Above Picture

Members REPLY your choice of what you would like the Imperial shade of purple to be.

This Thread will be open until WEDNESDAY 11:59pm EST.

AGAIN....MEMBERS of the PGoH Empire must REPLY your vote and only Members votes will be counted.

NOTES:

Colors that are similar to GoL have been excluded.

BOD units cannot be dyed upon newbie clothes.

If BOD color is chosen then BOD cloth will be provided or we will seek a magical tub to dye from.

If BOD color is chosen then BOD cloth will be provided or we will seek a magical tub to dye from.

I like BOD2 purple best out of the available choices. It's got a regal quality to it. Using a BOD color could be a logistical nightmare tho since not only would every character in the guild have to be provided with a uniform of this cloth, but replacements would need to be provided every time someone forgets to insure all their uniform pieces or is just unable/unwilling to do so. I doubt there's any chance of obtaining a "magical dye tub" for this color since it would devaluate the products of the BOD system, so if someone were to lose their uniform it could take a long time before they're able to meet with whomever holds the guild supply of purple cloth to make new uniforms.

That said, purple6 might be better to use since we can easily make a dye tub of that color available for public use.

My vote is for BOD 2.....looks the best, feels the best.

On the question of providing each unit with sufficient replacements considering the color may be hard to come by I don't think that'll be a problem. Every 2 hours a tailor can get a new BOD, each cloth bundle provides 100 cloth....I've also been told some hold large stockpiles of this purple cloth.

My choice in a perfect world is BOD 2 hands down. How hard it is to come across I dunno. and a GM tailor must wait 6 hours between bods. I'm lucky if I remember to get one a day. *grins* Then there is the random distrobution of the colors. Maintaining a large stockpile of this could be a problem. No matter what purple we choose we should choose one that sets us apart from other guilds. Many wear pruple any variation we can use so that we can more readily recognize our own is essential. Especially now that we can not see guild badges as we once have (we must now mouse over the toon to see guild titles/affiliation). With luck the gods will see the folly in that respect and change it back to pre AoS.

*Note: Praetorians wear BOD red cloth but I believe they are capable of aquiring and or insuring the items. For a new player to the realm or one not wealthy in coin just maintaining a uniform could become tedious and a source of frustration*

Edited by Lord Ser Brightblade

I'd love to see BOD2 as our uniform color if we can pull it off.

I guess if it fails we always have the option of switching over to something a little easier to acquire, and if it works out.... well, we'll never know if we dont try I suppose

My vote is for bod 2, i have at least 3 gm Tailors that i will get on working getting the color , i do believe i also have stock pile somewhere of it.

As for getting it to guild members i see enough of us on daily that do have it so i do not feel that will be a problem.

As for people losing in... Well can bring up seeing how we have so many tailors about perhaps we can gather enough cloth bless deeds for each to have one.

lora

BOD 2 .. Kodoz has assured us MANY times that he will provide all the cloth needed to keep everyone in the proper purple if we choose that one :D

You are almost out of your 'favorite' purple Kodoz :D

Ok remember now, this is it, no more complaining, no more whinng, no more "But I didn't have the BOD purple. This is what you will wear and wear proudly should the majority agree on this selection.

That being said : BOD 2

I will go bod 2...i just dont ant to hear any complaining when someone asks for a replacement apron or something. Lets face it WE die WE lose our stuff...Hey it happens, to some more than others...just dont want this to drive a wedge between players okay?...Everyone doesnt have a tailor!

:D:smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash:

NAUGHTY NAUGHTY.........voted 2 times.........BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz this vote is invalid. :D

heheh

Edited by Borg

Logan really really wants Bod 2 *laughs*

I recommend giving every member 2 sets to start off if Bod 2 is the way we go (heavy favorite so far). Most should be able to insure their uniform, so I dont think it will be an issue of having to supply a TON of outfits, but it will happen. We just need to be sure to have a system in place with multiple members to be able to get replacements to those in need. This will ensure noone goes without a uniform :D

As has been said. This is it folks. No more complaints about the uiform/color after this vote is closed. We need to forge ahead with continuity of appearance.

Having gathered all my sagely power nd knowledge, and spent countless hours considering this difficult scholarly topic.. it is my expert opinion that the color most suitable to the cause, and any future cause the Empire, and said individuals and such would by chance come upon having, would indeed, without doubt and question be that which has therefore been given the name and description by the government of said empire...blah blah blah...

!!

BOD 2

I wasnt trying to vote a second time...just saying i will back it...i just dont want it to cause any problems Mi'lord...My mistake i should have worded it abit differently

Edited by Lord Logan

*thinks about his many "connection" deaths*

Hmmm, I agree with a more easily replaced color. Unfortunetly, in the past the "Uniform color" issue was suprisingly enough a "major issue". I wish not to see it rear its ugly head again as I for one have much better ,less petty, things to contemplate.

The choice of a "specialized" material opens us up to these arguments once more.

Although the "BoD" color is by far the most unique we are for the most part a "military" ..i.e. death. We are also tied to a charter that we as a orginization, expect strict compliance and adherance too. In my opinion "Uniforms" should be the easiest part of this "Law" to follow.

My choice is "Purple 6".

Of course I have no problem with the majority rule but believe it would be wise that a decent sized "stockpile" is procured before our standard is changed.