House of Espionage

Elathiel

As most of you know, or found out at tonight's meeting, I very much want to be the Senator of Espionage!

My reasons for wanting the position are simple. I want to be part of something larger than myself, leadership in PGoH would afford me this sense of satisfaction. I want to add something to the Empire that I feel it has lacked for some time with the House of Espionage being dormant for so long, leadership in PGoH would afford me this sense of accomplishment. I want to help PGoH grow back to what it oncw was: feared by enemies and greatly respected by allies with both knowing full well the true 'reach' of the Empire and its citizens, leadership in the Empire would afford me this sense of pride.

Do I think myself vain enough to deserve the position? Well, I dont think myself vain at all, but I do feel I am most qualified and able.

I am a Shadowrider. I am lightly equipped with a tremendous amount of stamina. I have an excellent knowledge of the land and its denizens. I am skilled at hiding, allowing me to gather information discreetly. I have extensive plans for Elathiel TH, PGoH Archeologist to begin a schedule of treasure-hunting so we no longer have to go outside of the Empire to get treasure maps completed and share the spoils within our ranks. I feel I am very outspoken and keep abreast of things concerning the Empire, but know when to stay my tongue as well. I have a very extensive list leading men and women alike in Dereth, Norrath, and Camelot with an impeccable reputation in each land. Bottom line? I love the Empire ! I have seen the Empire go up and down many times in the past year + and truly feel like I can be part of the next upward trend (which has already started!).

In closing ... I think I would make an excellent Senator of the Empire. I have the leadership ability and the EXPERIENCE. I am very active and knowledgable in all things PGoH and have a zeal to make us soar! Simply put: If I am chosen as Senator of Espionage, I will take the position very seriously and make everyone wonder how we ever got by without one!

Thank you to everyone that has expressed support in my quest to become the next Senator of the Empire !

Would the Senate please take note of this post and Kurts and add this topic to the next meeting agenda.

It would be great to start the new year with either of these two outstanding individuals filling the last of the empty seats.

In response to Elathiel my only question/concern is that would you hone your skills to better fit the espionage house?  Disarm trap, lockpicking and stealing should definitly be within the Senators skill set.  Do you have a cousin who has these skills?  If so he could be the one taking the seat.

FYI for ALL: Espionage house will be key to invading dungeon doom.  Without disarm trap we will all find our bodies littering the floors and magiks will not be an effective method of disarming.  Only a truely skilled agent of espionage will allow us access to the darkest and most secret parts of the new dungeons.  Of course this is where all the most desirable loot will be as well

Yes, I have a cousin that is a GM cartographer and gaining tot hat end in lockpicking already. If it is needed for the Empire, then he will begin work tonight on disarm trap. His thievery is in the 60's as well, so with a bit of work I can have that covered as well.

(Whether or not I get chosen to fill the Senate seat, I will still work these skills up before Feb 11th so that we will be prepared for Dungeon Doom, as well as anything else we need those special talents for)

I do wish to back up what BB has stated......

A character that takes on a role yes should possess some of the skill sets that reside within the category we grouped up that define an Espionage house member.

Remember you have 5 characters or for all intense purposes 5 different citizens........different or similar lifes......but anyone of those can be used for the role of XYZ Senator or ABC Legate or whatever higher role you seek to and are appointed to.

YOU are the person behind the character and it is THAT person and THOSE coordination/insightfulness/leadership etc qualities that makes a big part of success......Patience, Respect and FUN for your fellow members is what makes you survive a long time in the more stressful roles or leadership roles.

I have to head to work soon......but I will dig out an old document......one that honestly made PGoH famous in the UO game world.......we were the first to create Skill Gods and categorization etc worship that did not violate and ran in concert perfectly with OSI's objective of skill growth and citizen lifestyle professions.

We have a simplified version inplace now.......with the Houses of the Senators..........there was once 12 Senators.....we consolidated them for operational purposes.

So.......I duely note your application for Senator of Espionage......but I think first your quest should be to find either UO Gametickets or set up Paypal payment systems for your account......aye brother? :smilewinkgrin: