Journal Entry: Two Masters, Part 1

NBBN: 16661-02100

Obsidian Tempest mentioned briefly the Tower of High Sorcery when I last visited The Evil Eye Tavern in Rifts End. At the time I did not give this tower much thought. But after my encounter with Drocis and my craving to learn more of the high art, I made an inquiry to one of the masters. Headmaster Cassyr Dubois of the Order of the Black Robes, Master of the Tower of Death Magic. He scheduled a meeting at his tower with the Highmage of High Sorcery.

----

I arrived at White Hart on Abundis shortly before midnight. It seems most meetings I have are around midnight, fitting considering I am meeting the Headmaster of the Order of the Black Robes. There were a scattering of houses, a number of rows situated next to each other. It was quiet, most the inhabitants asleep at this hour. I studied the area, looking for Headmaster Dubois. Ah, there he is now, waving me over.

"Greetings", I said to Master Dubois. He was dressed in black robes, you could feel the darkness that surrounded him.

"Hello, follow me please."

----

We left the small village, walking into the darkness. I trusted my guide, he never gave me any indication to do otherwise. After walking through a copse of trees and up a large hill we arrived at his tower. The trees surrounding the tower were deathly things, white, and bare of any leaves. Large black stones, which once formed a complete wall, surrounded the tower. Looking up, I could see the eerie purple glow from obsidian lights, the same that were in my own tower. Such excellent taste in décor, I thought to myself.

----

To be continued. 

Edited by Balandar