The Rise Dungeon

Balandar

One thing I both love and hate is the darkness of dungeons.  THAT's reality.  The idea that you crawl through tunnel after tunnel of a crypt or cave and have wall torches or lamps all along the way is nice, but unreal.  You need to go delving prepared or else you are screwed.  Unless you are a dwarf or elf of course.....    For gaming purposes, some small amount of light helps but still....

Happy delving!

On 4/8/2016 at 10:36 AM, Rumblebore said:

One thing I both love and hate is the darkness of dungeons.  THAT's reality.  The idea that you crawl through tunnel after tunnel of a crypt or cave and have wall torches or lamps all along the way is nice, but unreal.  You need to go delving prepared or else you are screwed.  Unless you are a dwarf or elf of course.....    For gaming purposes, some small amount of light helps but still....

Happy delving!

It's very dark in the pit at The Rise. There is a thick fog over the entire area. So far, it's my favorite dungeon in SoTA. There are a lot of little surprises and different themed rooms. But it's HIGH LEVEL. We would have been toast if not for the other players. What's nice is that it is not a party instance. So you can wander around the dungeon with others, like the old UO days.