R20 Thoughts

Balandar

Post your thoughts here.

The starting area is much better now. Same mobs, same storyline. But the hints help a lot more. I like the fact the entire deck hand is unlocked now and there is no longer a penalty when attacking things with a locked deck. It'll make it FAR easier for those that come into the game. The dynamic deck will still be useful as it'll allow for skill weaving which you can't get with a locked deck.

• 3 weeks later...

Top issues I've had so far..

1. Can't drag chat tab to new chat window.
2. Light bleeds through walls (fireplaces in row houses can be seen on outer walls, rather than just through the window)
3. Can't place anything on inside front wall of a house (at least in my obsidian tower and my row house)
4. Journal stores quests as they are discovered/completed, a sort option would be helpful or old quests that are completed crossed out.
5. Quests feel out-of-order play-wise. Maybe I missed it, but starting at solace bridge doesn't easily lead me to hidden vale where the majority of starter quests and quest lines seem to be located. I'll have to play through the starter quests again.
6. Having coconuts equipped and not being able to talk to vendors with no message as to why...
7. Day/night cycle needs tweaked. Night *feels* forever. May be dawn/dusk is too long? 80% of the time I feel like I'm logged in during night time.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/r20-top-10-annoying-things.34995/page-2#post-408874

Top issues I've had so far..

7. Day/night cycle needs tweaked. Night *feels* forever. May be dawn/dusk is too long? 80% of the time I feel like I'm logged in during night time.

DEFINITELY agree. Yes the feel of night is great, but it feels like you get 20 minutes of clear daylight and 30 minutes of needing the light. Leaving 5 minutes of transition when you realize night is either coming or going. Probably will not be fixed unless they adjust only by a few minutes. Or add some kind of spell to expand eyesight to IR or UV levels of detail.

Can you imagine night time jousting and your helmet has military grade night vision goggles?

Ah well, I can dream... <grin>