Landmark Live #40 - Linking and Triggering

Rumblebore

This Youtube of the weekly live feed discusses Linking and Triggering Objects, such as a switch when pulled will open a bookcase or close it. It also gives player examples of using this feature. Unfortunately the video cuts off before a clear ending is reached.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5oUWuVpwCY&list=PLbCPvdjOe6W08Nan-ml2i140o6sFWm1Hs&index=1

Technically, such a function has existed in Original EQ when you wanted to enter a shop. Click on the door to open or close. After several seconds said door will close automatically.

But expanding it so that players/users can MAKE this using interactive and created items in game and being able to tie them together in creative ways is what makes this a wow item. The only limitation is which items are available and the players imagination.

I liked the interior of the ship at the end of the video and how they used a toaster in the console to put 2 arm levers in and make them produce results. The flames for engines, the flames used to make the Phoenix and other such items give a lot more imaginative functions to the game.

I am trying to conceive of a way to make glow-lamps in a series so that you can walk through the mine tunnels, pull ta lever and one by one the glow-lamps light up 1x1 to illuminate the path. Another switch at the end of a given path can them turn them off.

I do not have tunnels created but continue to draft ideas on paper for now.

I will also hope that something like a mine-cart trolley transport may be possible to allow travel across an underground gorge or over as lava pit.