Building the little things

Rumblebore

I have been pondering.

Theoretically we can not only build our own place, but we can likely furnish it. Barrels, tables, chairs, beds, etc., are furniture items common in any game. So if I build a stone bed with room for a “goose-down” mattress, and place it in my bedroom area, will this item become part of the room such that no one can move it or take it away? I assume so.

And what about the little details?

How about things like forks, soup ladles, a candle on the nightstand (lit), a brush on the table? A cake of soap? The smallest building block they showed was still about 6x6x6 inches, so manipulating such a block down to tiny detail seems a challenge. Of course you can resize things so maybe building a pitchfork size fork and shrinking it down is the solution.

Housewares for example:

How about a coat rack with coats hanging on it? I am hoping that nuances like this are doable based on the creativity of the player.

A welcome mat written in Dwarven? Welcome.png

A weapons rack with homemade weapons?

Deadbolts for the interior doors (for looks not use).

Rails for mine carts?

Cast Iron cooking pots with chain and loop to hang on a tripod out in the wilds?

Spigots for casks

The level of detail possible becomes intriguing.

Outside of the building blocks they are going to have items that can be placed. From what I gather these are being made/created by the SOE team. I wonder if people can make them via maya or other 3D modeling program and submit them via player studio.... I hope they have a vast array of place-able nick-nacks.... either craft-able (like in UO) or bought from an NPC.