EQ Chit Chat

Balandar

• 2 months later...

Not sure if any of the folks I used to play EQ over a decade ago are around still but I'll be back for this. Nabbed a Trailblazer pack. I only have two beta keys spoken for at the moment with family and will probably have a spare or two when all is said and done. If or when they become available I'll post again for spares to give away.

/wave Omnipotent

Edited by Banuvien Rosewilt

Welcome back! I also went with Trailblazer.

Some are still about. I know BB still plays EQ. Not sure how many we have from Erollisi's Tear, SLoT, or The Nameless anymore. Emails are still going out from the forums but there are quite a few inactive/bounced back emails.

If you are still in contact with any of them, send them over!

Hello all,

Ever since the August announcement I have been interested in this so last night i also obtained the Trailblazer Pack, just to have everything this time around and to get to be in the Beta version. I will hang around here for chats and to see if a community builds back up. THE was home for all the time I was active playing.

Afternoon Rumblebore......keep eye here aye....we will definitely have creative teams working on projects that will fit together well for sales on the sony site....we figure there are many of us who have been gaming and designing since this industry started....we might as well put our ideas/visions to potential benefit.............then game on top of that fun....whoot

Well, I'll be! Rumblebore! I hope EQN can bring back that spark in T.H.E. gamers again. It's sad to see so many get disparaged over the games that have been coming out recently. Hopefully SOE will give us something new to play for years to come!. GW2 ended up being a let-down in the long run (though, I did like the WvWvW aspect).

Hey Rumblebore! I recall that name from EQ.

Anyone catch the livestream last night on Twitch? They showed off the building tools a bunch and answered a ton of questions. Some good grabs out of it.

A. Crafting skills will be tiered and unlock-able through skill progression.

B. They'll eventually have combat, not at launch

C. How much land you can grab is still being determined as they calculate server sizes vs land available.

D. Your entire project at any point is basically completely cut/paste capable in the event you want to move at a moments notice.

E. They will allow through permissions to grant others access to your properties to build. Still ongoing on if they can combine plots

I know I'm missing a bunch more but I'm rather hung over at work after staying out late to catch the new Thor and grabbed some (a lot) of drinks after. :)

The development tools they showed off look absolutely amazing.

Yeah, I watched the copy as the Stan gave me the wrong time!! :p

http://www.thehonorempire.org/forums/topic/14830-11132013-live-stream/

A. I remember them saying that Tier's will also be based (more or less) on height in the game. The more you dig down, the higher the tier.

B. I'm looking forward to combat in Landmark, it'll add more to it instead of just a building/social game.

C. The size of the world is huge, I think he said around 5,000 x 4,000 meters and 1,500 meters tall?

D. And you can save it to a template. I believe what we make in Alpha, not counting any huge code errors, can be copied/moved to beta (not sure about live) if you have the resources to do so.

E. Villages!!!!

The other things I like is that we will be able to create NPC's and interactions eventually. The same tools they use to make EQN will be available in Landmark. If they add combat, you can more or less make your own EQN world the way you want it with others. Like they said in the video, some may create sci-fi communities, others fantasy, and even modern structures like the golden gate bridge.

Cool stuff.