Thom

Murder in Olympus!

Guardians powerless to find killer in their midst

By Katrina Hawkins

In the early evening hours a few days ago a poor innocent woman was brutally

murdered in the Guardian's town of Olympus. The woman, known only as Priscilla,

was stabbed multiple times and left in the woods in the residential district

of Olympus. After asking several Guardians, all of whom denied even knowing of

the murder, I finally found one who would at least admit to knowing about it.

The Knight Alexia became belligerent and denied having the ability to even give

an interview, even when confronted with the fact that it's never been against the

rules for any member to give interviews. The details surrounding this murder would

lead any intelligent person to the conclusion that the attacker had to have came from

Olympus. In the brief time I spent talking to members of the Guardians and the Emperor

himself I identified two likely suspects, neither of which have been arrested.

The Knight Alexia is an alcoholic with severe mood swings and a violent streak. When

I questioned her on the murder she denied being able to talk about it, even going so

far as to suggest it was none of my business, as if the people of Trinsic have no

right to question what is happening. During the short time I was talking to her she cycled

through several moods, at least once she got almost violent with me for simply asking

questions, and drank quite heavily. She obviously has no regard for the people of

Trinsic, despite claiming to hail from here. According to my sources the evidence points

to Priscilla being killed by someone who was enraged, and most likely from Olympus. Even

if she didn't kill her then Alexia would be a good place to start in any official

investigation since she obviously is capable of such acts.

The Praetorian Laurana is likewise a person with severely violent streaks, mood swings, and

more then enough ability to have carried out this act. As most of us already know from

dealing with her in Trinsic Laurana is very easy to provoke into threats of violence, and

it's not so hard to imagine her taking the next step, as it's been rumored she's done on

several occasions. A day before the murder Laurana was seen in Trinsic assaulting someone

who got in the way of her finding and most likely harming Priscilla. She is a highly trained

warrior that uses a poisoned blade most of the time, but also carries multiple weapons on her

person. My sources have stated that Priscilla was stabbed with at least two weapons, one of

them previously poisoned and of the type that Laurana usually carries. My sources also state

that Laurana was extremely drunk the night of the murder. In that state it's not hard to

imagine an argument turning deadly, especially with someone as prone to violence as Laurana.

The people of Trinsic deserve to know that the Guardians are handling this investigation

properly. After my talks with them however it appears that they are trying to sweep this

under the rug, most likely because the two people most likely to have committed the crime

are members. With this information it is obvious that there should have already been an

arrest in this case, as it's obvious that one or the other of these two women had a hand

in the murder of this innocent woman. Instead the Guardians are chasing mystery women and

shadows. I think it's time for the people of Trinsic to ask themselves if the Guardians are

truly capable, or desirable, protectors of our fair city.

• Like 1