EVE Online

Hubba2

Anybody played this before? Steam had it on sale for $5, including a free month's play, so I decided to give it a try. Totally different from anything I've played before with a very steep learning curve. After a week I have barely got a handle on what to do. I think you get to the meat of the game once you join a corporation.

At any rate if any of you are playing it or will be trying it (I think free trials are available) I'm in the Gallente Federation. Look up Hubba Ragnarsson.

Right now I'm only playing a bit here and there and still have to finish some of the tutorials, which are absolutely necessary. I think they took a lot of the tedium out that existed in earlier versions (at least as I understand it). I believe that at one time travel within solar systems took a long time but now you just warp across in seconds.

Training takes place in real time. You queue the skills you want to learn and that happens whether you're online or not with the time needed increasing per level.

I suspect the time sink will happen once one joins a corporation and they demand you show up for planned events (sort of like raiding I guess). although I have seen some advertised as being do as you please. Right now I play on my own timetable.

There is so much to learn that I'm not sure what to think of it yet but I am enjoying myself so far. I'll probably finish my free month and add one more before I decide if it has staying power.