Bioware announces layoffs

Martok

From the official forums

At first glance, this could be a good thing if all the lead designers were given the boot. I sincerely hope the programmers and lower tier folks were not tremendously effected.

I do hope Georg Zoeller(lead systems designer), Gabe Amatangelo (lead pvp/warzone designer), James Ohlen (Game Designer) were all given the boot. You made a piece of garbage and had the nerve to argue with the community on their feedback. You then lied about subscription numbers. You deserve to be out of a job and never to work in the same industry/capacity again.

Bad news is that I doubt these guys got layed off, it was most likely the programmers and quality assurance people. That means SWTOR will be less able to adapt and update quickly. Even if they did fire all the morons at the top, its months and months away from a new design team to have any impact.

Farewell SWTOR; I'm done with you for good.

according to reddit, it has been confirmed that some QA (quality assurance), and some writing staff are among those let go. No word on any of the game designers yet

Well, stephen reid only did communications with the community via twitter and facebook, rarely on the Authorized forums, so ya, his ass should be booted. I should not have to anywhere else except for thier website to learn anything about the game. As for QA people... look at the bugs/flaws/exploits that have made it into the production release as well as patching issues. These guys should've been fired after their 2nd or 3rd screw up, and if it is not the peoples fault, but a lack of resources, then its the managers fault.

They released the game way too soon - not enough features in the game, they didn't listen to their customers, lack of customer service, the engine is an unoptimised buggy mess (tons of people still complaining about the aspect ratio bug thats been around since beta... because bioware austin cannot figure out the that when someone selects a particular resolution/aspect ratio, that's what they want to play the game at, not what they determine the native resolution to be through some algorithm). Somebody has a broken quest in their log... tough ###### is the customer service response, instead of them trying to reset the quest on their side, or even marking that step as complete. Legacy with unrealistic credit prices attached to it. Finally in an attempt to retain the hardcore raiders, the new flashpoint and ops are insanely overtuned/complicated even on story mode, unless you bring specific classes.

Overall their design team is the team that needs to be fired, as well as the managers.

Yup. Stephen Reid needed to go too. He knows nothing about mmorpgs...and is just a little song bird, repeating what the dev's tell him and copy/paste the info.