Subscriptions down 25% or 400k

Martok

Spin it any way you like, it's not good news. Bioware should have spent less time arguing with the community and more time listening and fixing their ######. Welcome to capitalism Herr Zoeller (Georg). We just voted with our wallets.

http://kotaku.com/5908338/star-wars-the-old-republic-loses-400000-subscribers

Wow. That's crazy. I think SWTOR may be the end of that type of MMO genre. How many subscribers did Bioware say they needed to keep in order to make a profit? I can't remember the number now.

Well, if they would act like professionals and not like a bunch of amateurs, maybe they could hold on to subs. Take a look at today's patch - log on and your matrix cube disappears if you have it equiped. They said they fixed RE'ing orange craftable items (hint, they haven't: many posts complaining about this). Everyone remember when they said they fixed the pylon encounter (pre 1.2), when they didn't. They broke companion ear pieces and implants, and it took them 3 mini patches to fix that. They killed PvP completely in 1.2. Don't forget that patch applied after 1.2 that eliminated the black hole stuff for a day. They still haven't fixed some bugs that were reported in beta (resolution bugs, companion bugs, and more which I can't think of off the top of my head). To me it looks like they are hacking things together instead of having a proper development model, and testing strategies.

The rakghoul event was nice... but wait, they didn't notify on their site when it was starting and ending, important information for players. The rakhoul dailies required you to do them every single day if you wanted to get the outfit, and the title relied on world bosses that would only spawn every 2 hours, with one of them requiring you to be flagged in a pvp zone. seriously, you would figure they would learn from the mistakes they already made, as well as other games: don't make world bosses content required to complete an achievement, have bis end gear stuff on (I'm thinking of belsavis boss pre 1.2, as well as the voss boss).

Finally their customer service, or lack of it - how many of you have subbmitted a bug report, just to get a response that was not even related to what you asked, or even worse, you provide them with all the info, and then they ask for the info you provided them already.

Really, the leveling experience is fun, and the class story lines are well done (except for the BH... it seems like they put it together in 5 min as an afterthought... although I'm only just finished the class series on balmorra on mine). They should have waited until 1.3 to release it, atleast 1.3 looks like all the stuff they promised pre launch finally making it into the game, but it's too little too late I think as the majority of servers are now low population. This game had promise, but I guess when they rolled over the old mythic team into bioware texas, the people from bioware that were working on it got pushed out.