Elder Scrolls MMORPG

Martok

It's been officially announced! I guess its been in development since 2007 and is releasing next year? Their announcement video was boring, so I'm not going to post it...however there is a nice bullet point list of what the game will and will not have.

Large concern over the Hero engine...(SWTOR anyone?)

It does sound like they are taking the Blizzard approach (steal all the good stuff that works in other mmorpgs)

If guild wars doesn't work out, we have an out!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=472749

If the play style is anything thing like the single player series, I'll stay away from this one.

Not sure how they'll do it. You'd think they'd have at least some alpha footage.

I LOVE Bethesda. Ever since Arena, I've played every single TES game that has hit, as well as virtually anything eles they dabble into...and Gods do I love me some Fallout...but something about this just really, really worries me. Zenimax has been getting more and more into their business lately, as they see an actual profitable margin within video games in general, and TES Online smells like pure profit sell-out to me. Todd is heading it, which sates my worry somewhat, but I cannot help but feeling this will, infact, be another SWTOR.

IE: Large overhead barks orders of talented company, company reluctangly acquieses and buys cheap non-functional POS game engine to create molded, yet flawed and generally un-fun MMORPG experience.

Then again, lately games in general have made me very jaded about the whole thing.

I never got in to the Elder Scrolls series... I'd say "They should make a Neverwinter Nights MMO!" but NWN2 had online stuff, and Dungeons & Dragons Online is coming out with a Forgotten Realms expansion...

I'll stick with my Star Wars universe for now. I might delve into the Secret World some...

I'd say "They should make a Neverwinter Nights MMO!" but NWN2 had online stuff...

I wouldn't hold out much hope for this one. : /

Edited by Chaz

I agree it doesn't look that good. Which surprises me because PWE is usually better at making a game look good in trailers.

Edited by Gekigami