Patch 1.2 is live

Martok

So now that 1.2 is in, what do you think?

Lots of nice new updates!

• You can use your speeder in more areas (like space stations)
  • Combat seems smoother....not sure what they did...
  • Legacy buffs are awesome
  • New dailies are interesting and overall fast to complete
  • Additions to space ship via legacy are nice!

Dislikes:

• Most new crafting patterns (useful ones) will be operations drops
  • Armor art still sucks
  • Strange annoying noises that sound like jet engine on the fleet
  • PvP still sucks as bad as it did before
  • All the stuff that wasn't in the patch (Dungeon finder, cross server queues)

I'll update this thread as I think of more!

apparently you get an option to skip orbital station shuttles too but I haven't gone looking for one yet.

I really like the UI editor but what irritates me about it is a lack of "snapping." The only thing I have OCD about is windows lining up.

The improved texture quality on armor is noticable but that only made it more apparent that it's ugly.

I hope they don't add a cross-server queue system. it breaks server community dynamics, plus with shien being an RP server some people would not want to be queued with non-RP players, and vice-versa. The "dungeon finder" in TOR is the "/cjoin LFG" and "/cjoin LFG50" channels.

Cross Server queues are a necessity off of peak hours for both pve and pvp grouping, otherwise finding a group can take hours. Even during peak hours it can help fill in the one position you are missing for a group (in both settings). Now I agree, any cross realm queueing system should first try to match people within the server first before looking beyond it, and the implementation is non trivial. If they don't do this, you will get what we have now, very few people running pug groups for flash points (mainly because no one wants to wait 30+ min for the group to form, to have someone have to drop out half way through for one reason or another and not being able to fill the group). Cross server stuff won't affect guild/premade groups much at all, while allowing casual players and non-peak time players opportunity to run stuff. it would be much different if the servers could handle thousands of people at one time as opposed to hundreds, and there was a good balance of people at all times of the day.

Got to laugh at the 1.2A patch screwing over the live servers, at least we get a free day out of it, and get to enjoy the weather.

Positive

-UI, love the customisation (some minor bugs but nothing major)

-Engine/graphics are smoother and more detailed

-Free month

-New flashpoint is fun, but overtuned on Hard Mode.

- Legacy is nice, but wish there was more

- Old heroic 4's are now heroic 2's (lights out takes longer, no more exploits and you have to kill the boss)

- New dailies are quick, but there are some really annoying ones.

- Soa/pylons hopefully fixed for good

Negative

-Healing nerfed big time. I haven't healed enough groups (PvE) to get a complete grip on the changes yet, but i'm starting to feel that its losing its fun

-Companions - ear/implants are bugged on companions, pathing is laggy for them. Xalek stats are still bugged (and have been since launch)

-Updating the targeting info is really laggy (takes a while to update HP/etc)

-Graphic engine crashes/corrupts on alt tab, aspect ratio bug is still around (existed since release).

-PvP is worse now than before - instadeath without being able to get heals off (ie no survivability, interupted easily, and DPS can ignore me and still get down thier targets even if they are being healed), hard to get commendations as a pure healer, no rewards for losing at all. This is going to make less people queue for PvP. With 1.2 its not worth staying in a losing warzone as the rewards just plain suck.

-Sith Warrior DPS gear all of a sudden had crit be replaced by def

-armorings don't carry set bonus (as the patch notes say they should)

-The older dailies take longer to do as they buffed the mob level and changed them slightly

-The new heroic 4 - WTF would you get it only after doing the rest of the dailies - only reason to do it is for the weekly. this should really be a heroic 2 if its only available after completing the rest of them.

-Lots of sound bugs (speeders still full blast sound when stopped, station roars, sound cuts in and out in places, the ping sound made when activating some things)

I am convinced a cross server flashpoint / operations finder is the only thing that will save this game. The initial buzz from 1.2 will last a month at best.