1.2 Patch Notes!

Hello Vigilance! I have been away for quite a while, partly because of a busy life, but also due to a lack of interest in SWTOR, which is already growing old. (Mass Effect 3 got me busy too :smokewink: ) I was awaiting patch 1.2 to see if they would be able to inject some more life in this game. I am pleased to see that many cool new features are coming, and many guild ones too! I will definetly come check it out ASAP, and I'll play a bit around with you guys. I do miss you guys, and the only reason I don't go "berserk-uninstall-unsubscribe" is probably this guild :p

So here it is, a very long patch note, worth reading though! http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.2.0s/public-test-game-update-1.2

Some notable features (I might have forgotten some!)

• Players can now unlock a wide variety of rewards by leveling characters and reaching new Legacy levels, including buffs for your characters, unlocking additional Species choices for every class, and upgrades for your personal Starship. Build your own Legacy with the new Family Tree!
  • Novare Coast, a new objective-oriented Warzone on the planet Denova, has been added to the game. This Warzone, like Huttball, supports same-faction matches if there are not enough members of the opposing faction to be found.
  • New repeatable high-level daily missions are available in a new area on Corellia, the Black Hole!
  • Guilds now have access to a shared Guild Bank, accessible on the Fleets, with expandable storage.
  • Players can now customize their User Interface by moving and resizing UI elements!
  • The Imperial Transportation Authority and the Galactic Republic Safety Council have authorized the use of vehicles in Orbital Space Stations and Spaceports.
  • A new preference, "Character Texture Atlasing," is now available. Enabling this option increases the texture quality used when rendering character models.
  • The Sprint ability is now available at level 1.
  • As a result of game balance efforts, many classes have had their skill tree layouts modified. Affected characters will have their skill points refunded on login.
  • C2-N2 and 2V-R8 have been reprimanded and now vocalize less frequently on personal starships.
  • Companions now use accurate voice responses regarding the success or failure of their Crew Missions when they return.
  • Players may now reverse engineer many endgame items to research schematics for items and mods. Tier 2 (new) endgame items can be reverse engineered, and players have a chance to learn how to craft these items up on reverse engineering them. Set Armorings do not provide schematics for crafters.
  • Tauntaun vanity pets can now be acquired on the planet Hoth, though the exact means of acquisition are a mystery.
  • The Galactic Trade Network's commission for both neutral and faction-based terminals is now 6%.
  • Players can now remove Armoring modifications from items with set bonuses and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot.
  • License costs for Vehicle Piloting rank 1, 2, and 3 have been reduced.

There are several more, but these are the ones I found that could impact gameplay the most. That and many of the classes abilities have been changed (be sure to check them out) and might change some gameplay elements. For example the Grav Round on troopers now has a 2 seconds cooldown, so no more spams. They did balance by making their AoE activate quicker. These are minor tweaks, but hopefully they will add to the experience. I must say also that I am very disapointed that instead of adding threat generation abilities (aside from Crushing Blow) for Juggernauts, they actually added a threat reducing ability (WTF?!). Anywayz, i'll see you all soon! Getting excited by this update, hopefully it will live up to its excitment!

Iriko