Bioware: Where is the world PvP?

Martok

World pvp is not new. It has been around since Ultima Online and then nearly perfected in Dark Age of Camelot (DAoC)

So whats up with SWTOR world pvp? Where is it at? Ilum was a failure so far with little plans to revamp it to be a success. Warzones are fail. There is currently three of em that after a while gets tediously boring.

Check out the guild wars 2 pvp video below. THIS is what bioware could easily put into SWTOR on a grand scale. Why can't they? Why won't they? I gotta say, if they don't take some big steps fast....Uncle Reavus gonna sail away!

http://www.ign.com/v...ld-vs-world-pvp

Reminds me of DAOC. I like the idea of taking forts with a champion/boss in them. They should change Ilum to something along those lines. Where you can actually capture the enemy base.

Reminds me of DAOC. I like the idea of taking forts with a champion/boss in them. They should change Ilum to something along those lines. Where you can actually capture the enemy base.

If SWTOR had this, I'd be happy! But right now they just scrapped Ilum completely

What I took away from the video is something we worked on very hard in UO......STOCKPILES and the value of Resource gathering and supply. When we were in Galaxies the hope was to utilize the tradespeople and builders to supply the FLEETS of the Empire (Hutt and Rebels) to build and support the FLEETS which in turn could be turned loose on trade routes or capture planet(s) etc....

I agree and maintain the belief that putting a value and utilization of the trades to support the combat roles is the way games can then stack upon the world PVP and enhance the capture point epic battles etc. (DAOC keep sieges etc)

Star wars could adapt that to Cities....Planets.....Trade routes....Galactic Resource centers.....etc.

What I see and hope for (space wise PVP) is Planetary assaults like at the beginning of Star Wars 3 I believe where Anakkin and Obiwan were in small ships flying in and out of the massive battling fleets.

The fleets being a base that is UPGRADED or ADDED to by Faction players that dedicate thier "creations" and/or guild ship support within a massive Planetary assault that is triggered or scheduled as open PVP (ie Keep battle in DAoC) to determine for the week or month which Faction will control that UNIQUE PLANET and its Resources...thus gaining the Faction access to those Flashpoints, Quest lines and/or World Bosses etc...and PLUNDER GAINS.

Various Capital ships that could be ASSAULTED or DEFENDED ...depending on which you rather do ....or spend time in your fighter or within your guild ships participating in larger scale combat against NPC enemy Capital ships....

Once NPC Capital ships are destroyed....NPC Capital ships (boardable) are captured....and guild participating ships are defeated.....a side wins.

Or a timeframe ends with 2 being completed by a side....a side wins.

Fail to get 2 of the 3 or 3 of the 3 and ..........the planet remains uncontrolled and inaccessible to either.

TRADE ROUTES would control the commerce options of the game engine and give a faction a discount or penalty depending on which is in control of the route.

ROUTE battles would be FLEET battles again with the 3 parts again.....the various routes would relate to some area of commerce and resources. etc.

Various Capital ships that could be ASSAULTED or DEFENDED ...depending on which you rather do ....or spend time in your fighter or within your guild ships participating in larger scale combat against NPC enemy Capital ships....

Once NPC Capital ships are destroyed....NPC Capital ships (boardable) are captured....and guild participating ships are defeated.....a side wins.

Or a timeframe ends with 2 being completed by a side....a side wins.

Fail to get 2 of the 3 or 3 of the 3 and ..........the planet remains uncontrolled and inaccessible to either.

Stan,

This is exactly what we have envisioned since before Star Wars Galaxies was released and continued to post about. When we win the lottery, we'll make our own MMORPG.

I'm still playing SWTOR...I'm sure I'll enjoy the legacy system and the new updates. But I am no longer a HARDCORE player. I can't grind endlessly in pvp warzones for enjoyment...I don't want to raid every day of the week for the mindless gear grind. I don't want WoW in space..... This type of attitude from the devs of this game is a real turn off....

Thats why I've been getting more interested in Guild Wars 2 with the gear not being the focus, but skill.....and the world pvp aspect.!

Guild Wars 2 does look appealing. I'd like to stick with SWTOR, but the end game is lacking.

It would be nice to have a combo of DAOC, SWG, SWTOR, GW2, and UO; UO's complex crafting and resource gathering for those that are into it and custom clothing options. DAoC's world pvp. SWG houses (I miss my SWG house). GW2's non-gear grind required approach. SWTOR companions and voice overs and graphics.

Skill and coordination of team members aye.....though I hold fast to the new rule.....BALANDAR is not allowed to control power or anything to do with routing of power....he can be fireman, gunner or starship fighterpilot for any space campaigns.

heheh

It is too bad we dont have a direct link to the Bioware team.....grab thier ear for an evening.

16yrs experience in these game engines on the user side (seeing what fails and succeeds as well as what is desired) is more than some of the devs careers themselves.....number one failure of all game engine teams is failure to look and listen OUTSIDE thier programming cells or circles of peeps.

A programmer never can be a customer service rep or even be effective at speaking to customers....they chose programming for a reason...complete control.