Uncle Reavus' Eternity Vault Runs

Martok

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are at the point where rotating people in and out will be necessary. Don't get all emo if you're asked to sit out tonight or thursday!

... tonight is Monday. /emo

You're sitting tonight!

From sith warrior on those pesky pylons

Symbol Order

There are 6 symbols in total, and the easiest way to describe them quickly and accurately is by color. The symbols always follow the same rotation, and using this, it’s easy to determine the minimum number of turns needed to solve each symbol. The highest amount of turns you should ever have per symbol is 3. The colours and directions are shown in the diagram below.

UPDATE: Thanks to Axem for the initial discovery and Chamillion for the confirmation (sithwarrior.com). To win this encounter and avoid bugs where you cannot click the consoles anymore etc, you must solve the Pylons in a specific order.

North must solve the 1st Symbol first.

South must solve the 2nd Symbol first.

South must solve the 3rd Symbol first.

North must solve the 4th Symbol first.

http://starwarswarrior.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/pylon-rotation.png

Using the Image at the start of this guide of the unsolved Pylons as a working example of how the Pylon rotations work, we can see that the 4 Symbols to solve are:

Yellow to Purple

Green to White

Purple to Green

Red to Yellow

Using the rotation order from the diagram above we can assign directions and number of rotations needed to solve each symbol.

Yellow to Purple = 2 Left

Green to White = 3 Left (or Right)

Purple to Green = 2 Left

Red to Yellow = 3 Left (or Right)

In this specific example one could simply activate only the left console and have the Pylon solved in 10 rotations.

Sorry for the past week (or 2 weeks) I gave no sign of life. I am in over my head with university applications. Finally done with all that crap, and I should have extra time to play. Count me out for this week though.

I might actually have extra extra time, since montreal colleges are probably going on an unlimited general strike. (Which means more time for SWTOR. :D)

Can't wait to play with y'all!

Sorry for the past week (or 2 weeks) I gave no sign of life. I am in over my head with university applications. Finally done with all that crap, and I should have extra time to play. Count me out for this week though.

I might actually have extra extra time, since montreal colleges are probably going on an unlimited general strike. (Which means more time for SWTOR. :D)

Can't wait to play with y'all!

Welcome back! Please give us a heads up when you might be able to return so we can try to work you back into the operations fun. We gave your spot away to another guildy due to not hearing from you over the past few weeks.

It seems like we get stuck on the puzzles more than standing in "bad ######" more than anything else. The tower or Hanoi puzzle isn't as complicated once you understand it as it is to manage their clunky controls and then not take out your frustration on Reavus and catch him in some toasty had ###### ;). How many weeks did it take us to jump down to Soa's floor correctly?

whoever wants to train themselves on the Hanoi puzzle, google it or play I think it was mass effect where the Hanoi puzzle rebooted a computer core.

1.1.5 is here... Master looter now (supposedly) works, and buy your +41 stat crystals - available in cyan, yellow, purple (the cheapest), white (OMG, I'm now Isandra/Robnar broke cost), and yellow/black(for people who got the preorder stuff, and is sold on the preorder crystal vendor). The new crystal vendor is in the supplies section. The Pylon encounter bugs are (supposedly) fixed, no more N-S-S-N, just spam them until they are solved. The big beasts of speeders that are going to be removed from the game can now be bought at a reduced price, and speeders are now BoE... yes you can buy them and sell them on the AH/send them to alts/others. And they have added some new options in the graphics settings, so make sure you check your options, mine were all messed up so I had to make sure everything was set correctly.

For Karagga's Palace, here is a good video on G4B3.

It looks like they have all but 2 dps and 1 healer on the ground level taking care of the boss, and the 2 dps are taking care of the puzzles, while the 2nd healer heals them + the tank and raid when he can. Looks like by doing the boss fight this way they have a higher dps time on the boss.

Hard mode SOA tonight. Ensure you have stims. That fool is going down before our combined might tonight!

Roster looks like:

Reavus

Karslak

Isandra

Vepp

Ascoli

Robnar

Mao-Mao

And who am I forgetting? Set'wai?

Good run last night. Lots of improvement on SOA. 116 hit point wipe? yuck. We got this.

Depending on the crew we have, we'll be starting there on Thursday then moving to Karagga's.

As I mentioned in teamspeak yesterday, I have a webinair at 7pm and not sure how long it will last on Thur. Might be a bit late!

Hey Guys, Sorry I havent been around alot lately. Been spending some time doing some other stuff and playing some other games. Once I get my Operative to 50, I will be ready to join in on the raiding fun on thursdays again. I currently have my operative specced for healing but i can switch to dps if need be.

I currently have my operative specced for healing but i can switch to dps if need be.

There's a particular member of our current raids who will have much to discuss on the subject of that respec.

I currently have my operative specced for healing but i can switch to dps if need be.

There's a particular member of our current raids who will have much to discuss on the subject of that respec.

Will have to discuss this with them then