Guild Promotions

Hi everyone,

It's already been a few weeks now since the game has been released and I'm very pleased to see that our band of evil-doers has grown significantly in that time. That being said, the guild founders have started noticing some among us taking charge and showing definite signs of leadership. I believe it's important to recognize the contributions that these individuals make and to start sharing some of the day-to-day tasks of guild administration with our members.

------------------------------------------

The following positions are currently open for promotions:

Lords -- (Guild Officer Positions): 5 Positions Open

Masters -- (Guild Activity Leader): Up to 5 Positions Open

Quick Reminder

Lords

Role: This rank is given to all guild officers. We anticipate that individuals that identify themselves as being leaders and having a long history of contributions to the guild will be made into Lords.

Masters

Role: This rank is given to guild members in charge of specific guild elements such as role-play/lore, resources (a.k.a. guild bank), heroics/flashpoints, operations, etc. Masters are given permissions similar to Lords but their rank is conditional as long as they continue in their responsibilities.

Application Procedure:

To apply to either of these positions you must reply directly to this thread and provide answers to the following questions:

1) What position are you applying for? (Master or Lord)

Lord Application:

2) Why do you think you would make a good guild officer?

3) What improvements would you bring to the guild?

4) What past experience do you have in administrating a guild? (We are more interested in the "what" and not so much the "where"/"when")

Master Application:

2) What specific element of day-to-day guild life would be responsible for? (e.g. resources/banking, operations, role-play, forum activities, heriocs/flashpoints, etc.)

3) What can we expect from you in your proposed role?

4) How long would like to maintain your added responsibilities?

5) At the end of your tenure, would like to be considered for a position as an officer?

Selection Process:

All applications will be reviewed by the founding guild members.

The review process will occur on a weekly basis.

Any candidate deemed worthy will be given a 1-month trial in their selected role.

At the end of the month guild founders will either accept or reject the permanent assignment of the candidate.

If you have any questions, concerns or comments regarding the promotion process please feel free to ask Reavus, Syban, Balandar or myself.

Regards,

Khabe

• 2 weeks later...

I find it hard to believe that no one has "replied directly to this topic" yet (unless they've been deleted after processing) but I suppose I can suck it up, put my big girl pants on (no fat jokes!) and reply in front of the whole guild... since that's what the instructions say to do!

1) What position are you applying for? (Master or Lord)

Lord. I would like to be involved with more aspects of the guild than simply Raiding and one other 'Master' task that I choose to do. I feel that I can contribute many things to the guild and its operation, and am willing to put in the greater amount necessary in order to do so.

I think the number one most important thing in an officer is accessibility, and I can bring that to this guild. With very few exceptions, I feel like I get along with everyone I have encountered during my time in Clan Skullcrusher and the myriad of other guilds and online games that I have been on. And even in the case of the "exceptions", I am willing to put the time in to deal with the questions and concerns of those individuals. One aspect of my 'real-life' job is solving problems, trying to put together things that don't always fit, and making it work. A guild, in a way, is much like that. Several pieces (players) who don't always get along, but are part of the same 'team' or 'family'.

I can give crash courses on standing in fire while eating snicker bars. It's more difficult than you think, since chocolate can get all melty fast in that kind of heat! In all seriousness, this is a very difficult question to answer at this early stage of the game, as I have not yet gotten to know everyone in the guild, and haven't gotten a good feel for what we would like to do as a group, other than the obvious Heroic Flashpoints, Dailies and Operations. I plan to do all of these things, plus I also have several ideas for the guild itself, such as organizing events or accessibility to guild resources (even now, before there are in-game mechanics for it). And, most importantly, EVERY guild benefits from having at least one female officer. I volunteer to be the token. I know, I know the sacrifices I must make... ;)

4) What past experience do you have in administrating a guild?

Believe it or not, I do have past experience in administrating a guild, just not on an MMORPG. I was a guild leader for a couple of rather active MUDs (Multi-User Dungeon... the text-based precursor to the MMORPG) back in the day. Since you don't really care about the where and when, I will gloss over that stuff. I was first a guild leader, and then I was later promoted to an administrator of the game itself, not just one of the guilds. In all circumstances, the focus of the game was on roleplay, not "kill X monster and get experience, even though that was an aspect to the game). The job required a lot of organization, cat-herding, patience, a willingness to listen to people's ideas, concerns, and even be an outlet for them to simply ###### and complain (and not belittle them for it even if you think they are as dumb as a bag of hair) to let off some steam. And don't get me STARTED on all of the drama that goes with the job ("I hate X, so they should be demoted." "Y isn't roleplaying their character properly. Dodging 1000 arrows is against the laws of physics, so do something!!!" "I need to have more toys because I'm special. I don't care if Z earned his after hours or work, you need to give me one NOW because I'm awesome and therefore deserve it." etc., etc...). To be honest, it was very much a mixture of being a psychologist, a referee, and an inventor all at the same time.

One question that was not asked is WHY I would want to do this. I had no real interest in doing something like this in Warcraft. II am not sure why exactly, but I was happy to get away from the hassle of 'running things' for awhile and just go with the flow. I DO want to do it for Vigilance though, not only because I feel like I can get in from the beginning and help build the guild from the ground up, but also because I really am encouraged by the 'in character, roleplay-like' feel to the game and because I feel driven to try to help make our new family a better place to be.

I can give crash courses on standing in fire while eating snicker bars. It's more difficult than you think, since chocolate can get all melty fast in that kind of heat! In all seriousness, this is a very difficult question to answer at this early stage of the game, as I have not yet gotten to know everyone in the guild, and haven't gotten a good feel for what we would like to do as a group, other than the obvious Heroic Flashpoints, Dailies and Operations. I plan to do all of these things, plus I also have several ideas for the guild itself, such as organizing events or accessibility to guild resources (even now, before there are in-game mechanics for it). And, most importantly, EVERY guild benefits from having at least one female officer. I volunteer to be the token. I know, I know the sacrifices I must make... ;)

here is the perfect youtube video for kadi's raiding strategy

But yes, kadi would make a good lord. I haven't responded to this since I don't know yet if I want any responsibility in the guild at this time.

Edited by Kailand

I would like to apply as the Sith'ari, a master of crafting and a bit of role-play influence. I've spent many hours and many many credits on crafting blues+purples and will craft a purple for the guild if I have the schematic. For special requests that I don't have the schematic for I'll churn out a few till I get to purple if some mats are covered. As for the Sith'ari of role-play, I'm not a heavy role-player but I tend to get in light character most of the time. I'm not all that interested in extensive or ongoing character development stories though.

I can be expected to be online a lot, in game until after most go to bed, on teamspeak idling, and forums as time allows at work. I'm a mom addict and am particularly addicted to this game, a lot more so than DDO. My DDO characters were usually comically portrayed as an 8 int dwarf that was proud of his 6 cha and 40str, my half-orc who was a step brother of the dwarf, equally proud of his 6 cha but also his 6 int, and my half-orc artificer (part rogue, part wizard, part ranger, and had a pet) who had 30 int and brother of the half-orc fighter. I can't really get into the republic stories because my roleplaying tastes clash with the forces story lines.

I would like to maintain the status of Sith'ari indefinitely, both for roleplaying purposes on my juggernaut but also because I feel committed to the game and enjoy the atmosphere of the guild. In the future, I would like to coordinate "set parties" for alts to maximize social points and have a fun in-character time.

As for an officer promotion, it seems like every guild I've been a part of since starting to play mmo's in 2003 at some point I was promoted to officer. I would humbly accept the promotion as I always have.

• 1 month later...

when Syban told me I was a manwhore / Man-slut on my bounty hunter alt it lead me to realize I'm on this game alot, and as a result, I should probably be a lord just so I can man-whore myself out to the guild as a whole, instead of random strangers. *tosses his crappy pointy hat in the ring*

*days pass, and then the CRACK of Uncle Reavus' whip hits his back, and a loud hateful voice reverberates in his skull - "add the details, ######"*

I like to have things organised, and given the opportunity, I would like to help in the organisation of things. I'm a problem solver and a numbers guy, who tends to do research, especially in topics that interest me.

I would try to organise various stuff *points to his current thread on proffessions* and try to get us to be more inclusve with our members in terms of content at end game (with appropriate role balance, etc. taken into consideration). When the new guild content in 1.2 comes out, I would like to help keep the stuff in the guild bank organised, and making sure taht gear/patterns/etc. do not sit for years being unused. A guild bank that isn't being used, or that is used to hoard crap that isn't being used is worthless. I want to help people along, whether it be crafting some gear for new 50's, or helping people discover waht to do after they have finished the story line quests. I like Robnar's idea of social group, and would like to help with the admittedly complex task of logistics of putting together something with that premise. We need to find ways to encourage all our members to regularly check the website and forums so that we can get better feedback, and plan events accordingly. I would like to encourage the use of guild chat more, for light RP, and perhaps other discussions.

4) What past experience do you have in administrating a guild? (We are more interested in the "what" and not so much the "where"/"when")

In WoW, I organised a few progression raids, as well as a few fun relaxed retro raids. I also tried to set up a few events, coordinating with other officers. Additionally when other officers left/took time away from the game, I took care of making sure taht the guild bank was more or less kept organised.

*looks around for another whip blow, breaths a sigh of relief... this fear will make me powerful*

Edited by Kailand