So much for SWTOR

I guess I just wasted a bunch of money.

I did the digital preorder, was invited to a weekend beta, and was able to log in during early release. That much worked properly. However, I never received the email containing my product registration code. The first thing I did was check my spam folder to make sure it didn't get routed there. I also searched the email client's trash just to make sure I hadn't accidentally deleted it. There was nothing in either location.

The next step was to contact support and ask them to resend it. That was last Wednesday. I got an email back Thursday morning asking me to send them a scan of my receipt and and a picture of my physical copy of the game. Well, since I did the digital download, I sent along the purchase information I had from that. I did get an autoreply thanking me for opening a ticket after that, but then nothing.

Granted, it was a holiday weekend, but I'd have expected some sort of response by now. I'm not exactly confident that I'm gonna hear anything from them at this point.

So, since I'm not gonna shell out even more money just to get a product code that I already paid for, I guess I'm not gonna be playing. I'll stick with WoW.

I had a hell of a time tracking down the 2nd email they sent (around dec 6th). I had gotten an email from origin saying my pre-order was confirmed way back when i first bought the pre-order (july 21 or 24th) and i was playing in beta, and pre-release. BUT then i got ANOTHER email saying i have to input a NEW code for the actual game. So i had to track down that email.

Try to remember if you had gotten any emails lately (within december) from ORIGIN or SWTOR. that would have had your 2nd activation code (for the actual game, since pre-order had it's own code that you all ready input).

Anywho, just my experience. Best of luck!

If you open up the origin client it will have the product code for the game when displaying the game info.

That only shows the early release/beta key. After a good bit of poking around, I did find a phone number, which had me go that route, but since it wasn't an official release key, they couldn't do any more. That got me sent to call Origin.

Origin did give me a key over the phone, so that's done. Apparently, it's not an uncommon problem. When I called and said I'd not received a key for a game I'd purchased, the rep's almost experated reply was "SWTOR, right?" It seems that a lot of people never got the keys for digital download preorders.

I dunno. It's left me frowning a good bit. I wasn't getting seriously into it during early release, but was giving it a go. Now that I'm far far behind anyone else, I'm not sure I'll stick with the game.

I do know that my first digital game purchase will also be my last. I'll stick with actual physical box n discs from now on.

Now that I'm far far behind anyone else, I'm not sure I'll stick with the game.

Bah, that's crap. Lots of people going slow as Orcala said, and others starting new ones as they try to find what they like. Definitely not too late to catch up.

Now that I'm far far behind anyone else, I'm not sure I'll stick with the game.

Bah, that's crap. Lots of people going slow as Orcala said, and others starting new ones as they try to find what they like. Definitely not too late to catch up.

I agree with Kadi on this one. This isn't like another WoW expansion, there is so much to do, so much to see and learn. "Being behind" is very subjective, starting now is by no means an indication of falling behind.

glad to hear you got it sorted out! i agree with the others who posted, it's never too late! my BH is lvl 36 but i had let him sit for almost a week due to playing my smuggler as well. the game is really fun and there really isn't a rush to get to 50 in my mind. i'm loving the class story for both of my chars so i'm fine with taking it slow. plus, if you make sure to log off in a rest area and can't make it back to the game for a little while, it helps a lot since you're in "rest xp" :)

If you open up the origin client it will have the product code for the game when displaying the game info.

That only shows the early release/beta key. After a good bit of poking around, I did find a phone number, which had me go that route, but since it wasn't an official release key, they couldn't do any more. That got me sent to call Origin.

Origin did give me a key over the phone, so that's done. Apparently, it's not an uncommon problem. When I called and said I'd not received a key for a game I'd purchased, the rep's almost experated reply was "SWTOR, right?" It seems that a lot of people never got the keys for digital download preorders.

I dunno. It's left me frowning a good bit. I wasn't getting seriously into it during early release, but was giving it a go. Now that I'm far far behind anyone else, I'm not sure I'll stick with the game.

I do know that my first digital game purchase will also be my last. I'll stick with actual physical box n discs from now on.

Hrm, origin not updating with the proper code was not biowares fault, that is EA pushing the ######ty beta origin client for any digital downloads of EA published games... I'm sure the only reason EA is in business is due to their sports games, but that is another topic. There were lots of boxes without the game code too according to the forums, and they are having a harder time to sort things out - they need to send a copy of the game receipt along with other info. Really, the game has been fun, and questing a blast, but with the amount of bugs that exist which appearantly has been around since the early beta's and not fixed, the lack of testing of features, and the piss poor customer service, they should have probably left the game in beta for another month instead of releasing it over the holidays where people are going to overload their servers... and bioware/EA doesn't seem to want to keep thier customers happy with good communication, or granting free time like other mmo's have. Penny arcade states they expect SWTOR to become free to play, and if bioware doesn't fix their customer support and the worst of the bugs in the next month or two, I can see it happening. (there are reports of multi-hour phone waits due to a very buggy security question system which does nothing to improve account security in this day and age, a buggy authenticator system, ability activation lag, graphic engine bugs, companion bugs)

Edited by Kailand

Sky, one thing I've found is that TOR has much deeper single-player role play stuff to entertain yourself with. I'm really enjoying the game. In fact, I will probably play alts not out of boredom but because the lore and storyline are so well-developed.

I was also worried about early frustration, but you have to break the WoW mentality of rushing to the level cap and then going back to old content later. This game just isn't like that.

well said, eigun. i find myself really only concerned with my chars story line. the side missions are cool and all but really just a means to and end (lvling to make my chars story line quests easier to beat). the only thing i'll say about that tho is that i find it hard to jump between my main and my alt. i get so in to the story that once i jump from my BH to my Smuggler, i find it hard to get in to it.