What is your status?

Iriko

I see, well... time to use a different companion!

I'm lucky my Malavai Quinn is a better healer than some healers out there, AND he also heals my other teammates. So let's say I team up with someone else + his companion, Quinn will heal me, my teammate AND his companion.

Good pet. *pets Malavai on the head*

I really enjoy the game. The storylines are good, the graphics are outstanding, but I didn't come into this game with the expectation that it was going to fulfill my needs because some other game does not. To me it is like being the character in your own movie and I enjoy every second of it. This goes back to my expectations of the game. If I had some preconceived notion of what the game was going to be and then, logically, the game wasn't anything like what I thought, I might be more disappointed. I enjoy the space combat missions; I think they're fun for what they are. If it was more along the lines of what was in SWG, it would be even better. I usually turn of the chat window when entering a cut-scene because it distracts me from what's going on. I have only found it hard to get groups together at the higher levels because of the low-population on planets. This will improve when the more casual players advance.

I love how almost all combat is between the player and companion vs. three mobs. I love the challenge of managing the fight and not juust sitting back and pressing buttons to kill one mob. Effective use your companion is required to survive any fight, and at later levels when you have more choices it makes things a lot easier. I sometimes find myself, while in a instanced area, switching my companions three or more times, depending on what I am fighting. Yes, some companions are better than others, but I am happy with Zhala's companions even though I find Wilsaam to be annoying and I have to smack her down every once in a while.

I am doing resource gathering right now, with no crafting skills so I have no opinion on that as of yet.

Edited by Desler

i also enjoy the space combat for a time waster. a way to clear my head after lvling for hours on end. although some of the missions seem impossible, they are pretty fun all in all.

i might try out the robot companion i have, he has heals but he is not geared like mako so it might be tough. although, a crappy healer that does his job is better than a good one who doesn't!

I told Quinn I'd use him as cannon fodder and left him on the ship... Vette does a lot more damage than him, and jaesa enjoys destroying things. haven't tried any of the higher level companions but both seem to be "tanks"

• 2 weeks later...

update on status when companion healer is concerned. at around lvl 35-36 mako learns an aoe heal that has now made her actually viable to bring with! so if any other BH out there is annoyed with her heals, wait till lvl 35-36 and it gets much much better lol