What is your status?

Iriko

Hey everyone,

So I thought it would be interesting to get some news about everyone in the guild about what you guys feel about the game, about your characters, about others, and your general impressions about the game. It can be short, it can be long, I just want to know how everyone feels in general, also helps to get to know everyone and learn a bit more about how you play the game. Feel free to ask questions too, I want this to be an open discussion.

I'll start with myself, Iriko. So far I am a level 35 Sith Juggernaut, and enjoying it a lot. My main idea by building this toon was to become a defensive tank, and I am quite succesful as of now. I certainly make a lot of mistakes since I never tanked before, but I do slowly get the hang of it. Leveling is quite easy, and sometimes I feel like it is a bit fast, but I like it. Every quest is rewarding in its own way.

My main issue so far is that everything is expensive, and there are not a lot of income sources other than actually playing the game and earning quest bonuses or kill enemies. This is probably mainly due to the young economy in the game, but I feel like it is hard to be succesful as a crafter. I am synthweaving, almost 300 points in, and I did some calculations, and crafting items costs more than the actual price you can sell them to. Sometimes you will need 3-4 missions worth 400 to 1000 credits, and sell the final product for less than the price you paid to craft it. It's also hard to really calculate the price on anything since there is no reference points, and ressources gathering is an inexact science.

My second issue with the game, and I persist in saying it to everyone, but the space part of this game is a total mess that needs to be removed. It is boring, expensive, pointless, and flawed in so many ways. For those who have played SWG, we all know that SWG's space was an entire game in itself. I really really hope they make space combat free froam, make parts for ships unique and lootable from enemies, ships customizable/changeable, space PvP, mannable turrets for ships like the Ebon Hawk, and the ability to place items in your ship (and others to be able to walk into your ship). Hopefully they will listen to fans.

I am also very happy with crafting, and I wish we could share between guildies what we created. I already crafted some stuff for guildies, and I'd be willing to craft some more for anyone in need. I also must give a big shoutout to Syban who gave me 40k to buy a speeder. I didn't forget and I'll re-pay you ;)

I haven't played PvP so far, but I probably will try it sooner or later. I am also happy with the guild, which is filled with interesting dedicated people, and good players. I am not much of an RP'er but that's because I never was initiated to it. (Learning slowly)

I'll see you in game!

PS: I will be absent from december 25th to january 1rst, for the holidays, and I wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year!

I just hit 25 as a Sith Sorcerer, travelling down the healing tree.

I just wish the game was more social. I look in guild for people to group with and get no response. I look for people to group with in the world and get no response. I want to run the flashpoints but don't feel like spamming /1 in the fleet all day. I hope they implement a LFG tool that is useful or a LFD system.

And I love the space battles, they break up the monotony of questing very well and give GREAT rewards.

I'm mixed on the game. I'm addicted to the questing and stories. I have huge trouble keeping track of chat for some reason in this game. When I'm doing space stuff, I can't see chat at all. Maybe its something I'm doing wrong with channels. When I see someone send me a tell or something in guild chat, it seems like I'm responding to something that happened an hour ago.

Lots of bugs still- would be nice to see an updated list of whats going on with them.

More thoughts later!

So far I love the game, and I haven't had too much trouble in general chat getting into or organizing my own groups for the heroic quests or Flashpoints. Guild chat seems to be pretty quiet most of the times that I am on in the evening, but I am guessing that has a lot more to do with the way the story/quests play out than anything else right now.

I'm trying to come to grips with my Sith Assassin though. At 21 it feels like he is not doing enough damage compared to other classes, and I've been reading trying to figure out if it is the way I am playing, specced, etc, and it looks like I've specced right for DPS and am using the right abilities. I have a level 12 Powertech and he seems to do more damage than my Assassin and has better survivability. I'm going to keep plugging along on the Assassin and hope it gets better, but I don't see many Assassins and I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't because of what I am experiencing.

I have my ship, but have only flown a couple of places and have not participated in combat yet. I know I read an article from the producers before release and they said they viewed/intended it to be more of a mini-game that players could do if they wanted yet not be penalized if they didn't want to do it. They also said they may add more to it a way-later date, but it's going to stand as is for the time being. As a huge fan of the X-Wing and Tie-fighter series (I'm showing my age here), I'd love to see space combat evolve into something like that in the game.

I hit 24 lastnight with my Sith Assassin and have been having a blast. I'm glad I remade my Sith Juggernaut into a Sith Assassin. I've been having a lot of fun tanking in heroic quests and flashpoints. I absolutely love tanking in this game because it has the old school approach to having to use CC and tactics instead of just zerg and aoe everything to hell like in WoW.

Overall I'm enjoying everything in the game. The combat, crafting questing, and storylines are all fun. Only real gripe I have is the chat system, especially during quest cutscenes. I miss a lot of stuff in chat because the chat window doesn't pop up for me if someone is saying something in chat, general,guild,etc.while I'm in a cutscene. So i have to constantly mouse over the chat system to see if anything was said. I also ope they fix the guild window bug where you cant see who all is online unless you type the guild name into the Who section you use to find people. Other than that the game is fine.

Money is hard to come by at lower levels. Slicing was my main income point until they lowered the return in today's patch.

I am heading down the SI Sor. path with DPS, at level 27 atm. My alt is a Sniper at 14 (really love the sniper role).

I haven't played a better MMO honestly. I haven't found anything to keep my interest long enough since my UO days.

We'll see how the game progresses. I love the story lines and how it draws you in. Crafting can use some work.. It needs more uniqieness and diversity.. too cookie cutter for my tastes.

And I really do not want to see the entire point of end-game content to get some purple item from a flash point that takes 3 hours to run. That'll ruin it for me.

Martok, I was referring to PvE, especially compared to other classes/specs it feels weaker. Dunno why, but then again my assassin is only level 21 and perhaps the better abilities come in during the later levels.

In a warfront last night Jedi Consulars and Sith Sorcerers were wrecking everyone...I think there was one assassin in the thing (I was on my powertech).

Gotta give it some time and levels. There seem to be quite a few classes that don't really come into their own till 30+ when they start getting better abilities and are in the higher tier of their talent tree's.

Lord Robnar is a vengeance juggernaut... although since past level 30 or so he's been almost exclusively in Soresu stance unless in a party with another tank. On the other hand, he can take out elites +1 levels without any healer. One medpac might be used if the elite is really eating his face, but otherwise he and jaesa make things go away. Oh, and the Warrior's story is indeed epic, especially if you're playing a Sith the right way. *note* I do have self-crafted purple parts on both my lightsaber and jaesa's.

I agree, though, space combat has much to be desired.

The crafting system feels well laid out, with incentives to continue crafting blues into purples. The scarcity of purple materials is lower than my personal taste but at the same time it puts more value on the purple variants. As for the exp/synth, I managed to cap artificing at level 41 using the tier5 materials I just came across. *shrug* I do wish there'd be a higher chance to get purple materials if you're running a mission that is well over cap.

Money is hard to come by at lower levels. Slicing was my main income point until they lowered the return in today's patch.

No! Say it isn't so...

That was the only thing keeping me in business. I was proud of my 60k nest egg at level 21...I guess any return is better than no return.. Sometimes I just have the game online while watching TV or doing other tasks, just repeatedly sending out my companions on Slicing missions.

The game overall feels like an offline single player game so far. Very little interaction with anyone, unless we are fighting for the same spawns.. I felt more comraderie with my fellow players during the beta, now it's just a massive world to play your single player game.

I play a Bounty Hunter, and I feel the choices in dark/light storyline and choice of companion are all wrong. I had a plan set out to be a emotionless BH who worked for the credits, not trying to be good or evil. But every choice I make seems to imply I am the worse person in the world commiting the most horrible atrocities, or just plain selected the wrong opton. And they could not have provided the worse starting companion..I swear we were accidentally given the Jedi Knight companion...

As for space combat...I didn't think I'd like it, but it is pretty fun. Yeah I would have liked free-roam space better. But it is a nice diversion from running around, and it yields alot of XP, and rewards..

strangely I found the bounty hunter to reward better if you picked light side... *shrug* I also didn't mind mako that much.

The game overall feels like an offline single player game so far. Very little interaction with anyone, unless we are fighting for the same spawns.. I felt more comraderie with my fellow players during the beta, now it's just a massive world to play your single player game.

Welcome to any post-2005 MMO, sadly. They seemed to go for the Age of Conan solo->group approach, in which a group quest means it's a group quest. On the plus side, you can help out in the story quests unlike AoC...

strangely I found the bounty hunter to reward better if you picked light side... *shrug* I also didn't mind mako that much.

That is what I have heard others say, but I am not picking light or dark options to be a light or dark player.

I think if I was given a job to kill a slicer, I should not be met with a dark side points if I kill her....I was just doing my job. Or on the other hand, get light side points if I let her live....meaning, I failed at doing the job I was hired for. Not to mention Mako having a sh!t-fit when I kill her....she was standing right next to me when I took the job!

Now if I decided to doublecross my employer and stab him in the back, then I would expect dark side points....

Edited by Aubringer Hypnotic

I totally agree with the following statement. I soloed the entire game, leaving all the heroic quest/flashpoints for last and doing them all at once with a group. I feel this is wrong, and I feel obliged to do some quests, or otherwise I would be falling behind in levels, and in loot items.

I also forgot to mention I went Immortal Juggernaut, totally Dark Side (I think I am somewhere in Tier 4). I started an alt called Breeno, which is a healing Operative, with slicing (to gather money for Iriko). I can solo elites too, but it takes me a while since I deal little damage. This is the reason why I use my healing companion (Quinn). (That last sentence was for you Robnar haha :p)

I think the solo part of this game will change completely once everyone hits level 50. Right now we are focused on completing our story lines and listening to voice-overs in our quests.

I think the solo part of this game will change completely once everyone hits level 50. Right now we are focused on completing our story lines and listening to voice-overs in our quests.

I agree, but I find it stupid that we have to wait until level 50 to actually play the game as a group? We should get 4 people together and play for some nights and have the best team ever hehe, the "dream team". I did that in City of Heroes with a guild, when someone had to leave, everyone stopped playing with their toons, so we would all be the same level at any time. Would be hard with class quests, though.

Ok, I hit 22 last night and put a point into the talented charge and that seems to have done wonders for my damage. I also had the chance to tank a Flashpoint for the first time and that was fun, although I'm specced completely into Deception (DPS) and that made it a bit challenging. I finally had to break down and get a fortitude stim and that made the difference on a boss.

Ok, I hit 22 last night and put a point into the talented charge and that seems to have done wonders for my damage. I also had the chance to tank a Flashpoint for the first time and that was fun, although I'm specced completely into Deception (DPS) and that made it a bit challenging. I finally had to break down and get a fortitude stim and that made the difference on a boss.

Well, I've found that there is plenty of times that I have to use stims, medpacks, and blow all my cooldowns (I'm tank spec'd) just to get through some of the normal quests. I think the game was designed to be a tad more difficult than say....that other game we shall not name!

Well, I've found that there is plenty of times that I have to use stims, medpacks, and blow all my cooldowns (I'm tank spec'd) just to get through some of the normal quests. I think the game was designed to be a tad more difficult than say....that other game we shall not name!

And I am grateful that it is more difficult! It's more rewarding than the breeze through everything mode that other one ended up becoming. :)

i am also playing BH and i find mako to not only be annoyingly goody goody, but also a terrible healer! i have all but her main attack used in her rotation and i still find im RARELY getting healed!!! any other BHs find this as well?? there will be times where i will go 20 seconds without a heal. she's busy using her crappy blaster attack the whole time or just standing there doing nothing!

as for the rest of the game, i find they really need to work on their chat. i find either guild chat, or general chat or party chat always screws up where i can't see anyone talking and i can't see my words come out either. i spent all last night without guild chat showing up so i had no idea if anyone was looking for a group or anything.

also, i find going to my ship to change locations a crapshoot for hang-ups during the load screen. i can't count the number of times i've had to restart the game because it freezes while loading entering my ship, or exiting my ship. such a pain in the ass!

but overall im very pleased with the game :)

i am also playing BH and i find mako to not only be annoyingly goody goody, but also a terrible healer! i have all but her main attack used in her rotation and i still find im RARELY getting healed!!! any other BHs find this as well?? there will be times where i will go 20 seconds without a heal. she's busy using her crappy blaster attack the whole time or just standing there doing nothing!

Check in abilities, the companion tab. There is a way to change stances, make her in healing stances. Once that is done, you have to keep aggro from her. For example my Malavai Quinn's heals are interruptible, so I have to take all aggro, and he will be dedicated to healing me. When i'm fully healed or his healing abilites are all used, he will use some attacks, mainly his CC attacks (which is freezing enemies). So as long as he doesn't get attacked, he is the best healer. Also improving cunning (I think!) it increases his/her healing attacks.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Iriko

i have her in heal stance and i have her only using blaster attack and cc stun, the rest are all heals (she has other attacks but i unclick them). she never gets attacked because i open almost every pull with my big aoe attack then my weaker aoe attack. i dunno, just seems like she spends more time attacking my target while it's attacking me and im slowly dieing, instead of healing me lol