Game Launch Process....your thoughts

Borg

Well....as we all wait for access and I was just reading thru the masses of posts on forums about the access.....

I thought hell...our team has gone thru nearly every games birth date and process that ever occured.

What would we change/add to the Star Wars launch process?

ADD- PrePURCHASE Digital download code entry process to include 2 character namesakes.

(system will utilize date registered to filter a memo to acct name taken at time Guild Server assignment)

KEEP the create a guild method and how it preloads guild into a server in advance with adversaries/allies.

ELIMINATE- Preorder deposits at retailers with Collectors units gaining a PrePURCHASE digital download code

ADD More beta dates

to

ELIMINATE - staggering early access

to

KEEP LAUNCH on Launch date...no early access.

(we will know who 2 of our chars are, what our guild is, where it is....and launch is when it is.)

thats a start given the hot topic of wave access today....

what yall thinking of the good/bad stuff to add and/or remove from this launch process?

I don't think they would be able to eliminate an early launch access. If they did so,they would need to limit the number of copies sold significantly. With 2 million pre-orders their servers would choke on day 1 and there would likely be queues of HOURS. Who knows.. may still happen!

I have stayed out of most of the discussions leading up to release. I formed an opinion when I first was allowed access to play in late 2008. It has changed over the 3 years since. I can see that all the beta's and soon to be all the patches will eventually produce a nice game.

The only thing I can see "maybe" that is changed is a tad bit more clarity between the developers and players. Some I cannot tell the difference, too many are "know it alls" and I find it difficult to find truths verses the other.

As for keeping on a launch date, we will see.

I have had 'Corellon' since inception and have kept it updated all along. So if you all see me, it will be as 'Corellon' I hope.