Early Access 'Waves'

Balandar

From SWTOR.com.

Hey everyone, good morning and welcome to the first day of Early Game Access for Star Wars: The Old Republic!

We're granting access based solely on when people's pre-orders were redeemed, and we're going to be granting it in 'waves' - large batches of emails and game entitlements that will go out over the course of today (and tomorrow, and the next day, and so on).

I'll be updating this thread (and this post) as we send out more 'waves' of invites.

So far today, we have sent out two 'waves' of invites; we will be sending more later on, but I cannot be specific on timing. (Why? Because as we invite each wave, we monitor to see how servers are performing and so on. If everything is good, we'll send a 'wave' earlier; we in fact sent 'wave 2' ahead of schedule. So cross your fingers.)

Now, to the question you all have: when will you be invited? Well, I cannot be specific to individuals or even to dates, because again, we have to remain flexible. That said, I can talk a little about the pattern of pre-orders.

At the very beginning of pre-orders, which started on July 21st, we had a massive influx of pre-orders. A huge spike. After that, things settled down. As a result, today especially, you're going to see a fairly narrow band of dates from those admitted to Early Game Access. From tomorrow, it'll spread out to a wider date range.

That's about as specific as we're going to get right now. However, as we send more waves I'll update this thread/post with more information. Thanks for your patience - we know it's been a long road, but you'll be playing before too long.

Stephen Reid | Senior Online Community Manager

Update: Wave 3 was just sent.

Update: Wave 4 was sent approximately noon CST. (Apologies for delay.)

Update: Wave 5 - the final wave for today - was sent at approx 1:30PM CST.

Wednesday 12/14 Waves

Today, we're inviting many more people to play The Old Republic - more than yesterday, and over a much greater time span.

As explained yesterday, our initial pre-order rush was over a very short span (about a week). Today we'll be inviting well beyond July, but again, we're remaining cautious as we send each email wave.

We're currently planning on sending four waves of email invites today of equal size. We're going to get them out as fast as we can, while monitoring player counts and server population. I'll update this thread when each wave is sent. You can also follow our official Twitter account for notification.

Wave One was sent at 8AM CST (6AM PST / 9AM EST / 2PM GMT / 3PM CET).

Edited by Balandar
Added Wednesday's topic

I received my early access email at 6:30 this morning (Central time). Of course now I am at work and can't play until tonight.

Day crawling soooo slooooowly...

Ya could just clicky on the game and look to be surprised (not looking for email)

`````````````````````````````````````````````````

Greetings All,

If you see the "There is currently no active subscription on this account" error message when trying to access the game this means that your account is not yet flagged for game access. This error message will disappear once your Early Access begins.

In order to find out when you will be able to start to play, please be patient and keep checking your emails for your Early Access invitation.

You will also find updates about invites going out in this thread on the general forums: Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here.

We look forward to seeing you in-game!

``````````````````````````````````````````````

Everyone probably sees this, but... click on account, code redemption... history for me shows

"12.13.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to play"

however under my account, it shows code redemption grayed out... weird.

Everyone probably sees this, but... click on account, code redemption... history for me shows

"12.13.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to play"

however under my account, it shows code redemption grayed out... weird.

Yeah, same. And if you try to re-enter your pre-order code it'll say it was already used. I think that box is for the full retail version code.

I'm twitching every time my blackberry goes off for an email... le sigh.

Yeah, same. And if you try to re-enter your pre-order code it'll say it was already used. I think that box is for the full retail version code.

it is, read that somewhere earlier...

"What this means is that tomorrow, you'll effectively start to see the pre-order timeline expand. You'll see people who have pre-ordered later than July getting invites. The day after that, more people will be invited. We're actually planning to invite more tomorrow than today, and invite the same number again on Thursday - at which point we'll be into the original 'five days of Early Game Access'." - StephenReid

I ordered on 11/5 so I'm guessing ill get in at least on Thursday. Those forums are insane with nerd/teenager rage over this whole "wave" process.

Edited by Desler

unless their own email server flagged it's outbound as spam, I have no such filtering on my blackberry.

07.23.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order

From swtor.com

Wednesday 12/14 Waves

Today, we're inviting many more people to play The Old Republic - more than yesterday, and over a much greater time span.

As explained yesterday, our initial pre-order rush was over a very short span (about a week). Today we'll be inviting well beyond July, but again, we're remaining cautious as we send each email wave.

We're currently planning on sending four waves of email invites today of equal size. We're going to get them out as fast as we can, while monitoring player counts and server population. I'll update this thread when each wave is sent. You can also follow our official Twitter account for notification.

Wave One was sent at 8AM CST (6AM PST / 9AM EST / 2PM GMT / 3PM CET).

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=12818

07/21-08/15 - In for Early Access! - (12/13-12/14)

08/16-09/05 - In for Early Access! - (12/14-12/14)

09/06-09/25 - Invites in progress! - Up to the 21st as of 10:20 AM CST

09/26-10/15 - Waiting

10/16-11/05 - Waiting

11/06-11/25 - Waiting

11/26-Present - Waiting

http://www.swtor.com...ead.php?t=12818

09/06-09/25 - Invites in progress! - Up to the 21st as of 10:20 AM CST

09/26-10/15 - Waiting

10/16-11/05 - Waiting

11/06-11/25 - Waiting

11/26-Present - Waiting

... Looks like I'll be in tomorrow since I did the preorder on the 12th of October. The anger, hate, and sorrow are building with in me, which I will unleash using purple lightning tomorrow!

anyone remember back when they said "redeem code before this date" it was probably close to the end of august. anyways, anyone remember what that would give you? i checked and apparently even tho i confirmed my preorder on july 21 i didnt redeem my code until nov 3. so i'm assuming there was a posted headline on the SWTOR site (as far as i remember) saying something about redeem before this date. but i don't know what that gave.

i'm hoping everyone who redeemed before that mystery date gets 5 days advance playing, and those who redeemed well prior to that mystery date is given these extra 2 days prior prior lol

09/06-09/25 - In for Early Access! - (12/14-12/14)

09/26-10/15 - In for Early Access! - (12/14-12/15)

10/16-11/05 - Invites in progress! Up to November 2nd as of 8:16 AM CST

11/06-11/25 - Waiting

11/26-Present - Waiting