Crafting & Crew Skills

robinj

Crew Skills  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Links

Crafting "flow chart":
Crafting database:
Full list of companions and their bonuses:

I'll edit and expand on this more later, but my thought was that some of us that get in earlier on early access could also jump start some guild crafting. That way by the 25th everyone can get a nice set of armor for christmas. :)

From what I recall in the betas, the blue end quest rewards are on par or sometimes a bit better than crafted blues. However, most blues or even exceptional/critical success/+1/etc greens can have augment slots. Crew member skills can play a role somewhat in success rates for items that are best suited for the class role, i.e. the Imperial Agent's first companion has a bonus to Armstech which is used to make non-force weapons.

While I was running back and forth between quests I'd typically send my companion on a mission while I stopped to kill the roses and gather ingredients.

Note: the poll allows multiple choice but each character can only have 3 each... if you're planning multiple characters or crafting mules, feel free to pick multiples of 3.

Edited by robinj

I'll be getting Samala started when I get early access and I plan on using her for Biochem. That would mean bio-analyst, diplomacy and then scavenging to dump mats to my 2nd char who is going to be doing cybertech (slicing/scav/UT).

Edited by Desler

And keep in mind that there was a post a while back that they were considering removing companion bonuses come live due to people using that to determine which companion to leave on the ship for crafting...

I picked synthweaving/archeology/underworld trading so I can make armor for force users. It. Was hard to choose because it was either that of biochem because they can very powerful stims and reusable medpacs.

This is a link to a general guide on crafting skills:

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Crew-Skills-Compendium

It's not much more information than what robinj posted above, but it's all on one page. It also gives some information on skill-specific schematics (essentially Bind on Pick-up) and provides links to all known schematics for each of the skills. Hope it helps.

(By the way, I'm in Cantina Regulars, but there's not a lot of activity over in that forum yet.)

guess I should point out my choices, for sake of record:

Artifice/Archaeologly/Treasure Hunting

Armstech/Scavaging/Investigation

In the last beta where I toiled with the crafting, I did get a couple artifact recipes from Investigation but one was not usable by either of my characters. This makes me ponder a hunting/investigation/trader mule...

(By the way, I'm in Cantina Regulars, but there's not a lot of activity over in that forum yet.)

Thats ok. We won't hold it against you! Feel free to post on any forums here, we are sister guilds after all. (in fact most of us will have characters in both guilds).

I'm pretty set on the Inquisitor (going to try out assassination specialization this time around), so I'm eyeing Artifice/Archaeology/Treasure Hunting right now.

I'll be honest and say I really have almost no clue as to how crafting in the game works yet due to only being in one beta test session. I need to find the TL;DR version for noobs. :p

I'll be honest and say I really have almost no clue as to how crafting in the game works yet due to only being in one beta test session. I need to find the TL;DR version for noobs. :p

Crafting is done via the crew members menu, your companion will leave and do a mission or craft upto I think it's 6 items in a queue. You can desynth a green item to get a blue (seems to be about 25% success) recipe of the same level, and desynth a blue into a purple (didn't try to get purples though). The blue and purple items require rare materials from the mission skills. An "abundant yield" mission may reward a purple crafting item (or recipe if it's investigation). The field gathering skills can be done via the missions menu but unless it's an "abundant" mission it's probably not worth it.

if a companion is not in your party and you click a gatherable resource, you have to stand until the progress bar fills. otherwise your companion will stand behind and collect while you run ahead. optionally if you send 'em off for 3 (or more) minutes, they'll return with possibly rare loot.

Thats ok. We won't hold it against you! Feel free to post on any forums here, we are sister guilds after all. (in fact most of us will have characters in both guilds).

Cool deal. Thanks. Yeah, I figured as much, and I'll most likely be making some characters for Vigiliance as well.

• Links

Crafting "flow chart":
http://abits.biz/swt...RCrewSkills.png

This chart isn't accurate anymore. The site Fuzrum linked to has updated that chart to this http://twisted.org.uk/content/crew-skills.png and the poster there indicated he will keep updating it. One of the primary changes is that Cybertech *a crafting skill* is no longer fed materials by Slicing. Instead it gets its materials from Scavenging. Slicing doesn't provide materials for any skill now, it's just a way to get extra credits, some schematics, and some other things.

I can now craft purple level 9 hilts for inquisitors and a blue shield...

My artificing is level 110 and I just got off Drommund Kaas before logging out, so I can also craft level 15 green hilts soon as I get the materials tomorrow.

If you have any requests, send me a message/tell. I don't charge for anything and have handed out a few freebies as well but donating mats are always appreciated... or anything comparable of a different craft ;)

I don't charge for anything and have handed out a few freebies as well but mats are always appreciated... or anything comparble of a different craft.

Thanks for the freebie last night. ;) I don't know what you need for mats, but I now have archaeology, underworld trading and synthweaving if anyone needs anything. I too will give out freebies to help a guildee.

rubet crystals: hilts, shields

artifacts: shields

red/yellow crystals: crit lightsaber crystals

the purple material is usually a wind crystal which only comes from bountiful yield crew missions... I forget the name that usually works, but it's an 8 minute mission that doesn't show up very often.

I went with Armortech to keep me in Heavy Armor...

I also picked Scavenging to find the materials, and Slicing to pay for it all (may want to tweak poll, it doesn't allow this combo).

My first slicing mission got me a level 90 purple ship weaponry schematic. In the following 50 missions, I barely broke even. Hopefully I don't regret the Slicing decision, when I can't get the rarer materials Underworld Trading may have gotten me...

-Aubringer

artificing hit 300 last night, heh...

Aside from red crystals which are scarce and the rare treasure hunting purple gems for the legendary versions, I can craft just about anything :D I don't have every recipe (sometimes skipping every other level on hilts just because there's so many, and I don't have half of the shields) but as we start making alts I'll be willing to craft some better lightsaber parts, enhancement chips, or shields/focii/generators.

I don't charge for anything and have handed out a few freebies as well but mats are always appreciated... or anything comparble of a different craft.

Thanks for the freebie last night. ;) I don't know what you need for mats, but I now have archaeology, underworld trading and synthweaving if anyone needs anything. I too will give out freebies to help a guildee.

I wish they would add the guild bank already, that would be extremely helpful in coordinating this stuff :S

I wish they would add the guild bank already, that would be extremely helpful in coordinating this stuff :S

tell me about it... the galactic mail system also takes an hour to deliver packages...