Pre-load STAR WARS: The Old Republic Now!

Martok

Early Game Access* for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is only a few days away! Starting December 13, 2011, The Old Republic will begin emailing invitations to start your Early Game Access. Invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox!

To ensure that players can get into the game as quickly as possible when their Early Game Access begins, we are now allowing everyone who has redeemed a Pre-Order Code at our Code Redemption Center to pre-load the game to their computer.

In order to download the game client before Early Game Access begins, you need have already logged into your account and redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Once you have done this, you can download the game client by clicking on “My Account” in the upper-right of the window and then click “Pre-Order.” On your Pre-Order page, click the large button that says “Download Game Client” to begin download of the game!

Read More

Courtney Woods | Assistant Community Production Coordinator

ready for some mega nerd-rage? There is NO grace period. Early access stops at 7am on the 20th. If you have not entered your registration code (via digital download or via your CD key with retail box version) you will no longer be able to play. Everyone that is getting the game shipped to them will not be able to play the game at that time until their box arrives.

Biggest release blunder I have ever seen in a MMORPG. Really Bioware? WTF

I did the math, at 180K/sec which is about 90% of my max bandwidth and I believe the standard traffic setting on my tomato router, it'll take 30 hours without interruption :-P Fortunately I have 8 days to download it!

Just started downloading this 2GB video I've seen a dozen times and don't care to watch again, yay!

Actually, the servers are being brought down in ~10 hours, and for most of the day tomorrow, fun. At least I'll uh, get that great video again...

Edited by robinj

There is NO grace period. Early access stops at 7am on the 20th. If you have not entered your registration code (via digital download or via your CD key with retail box version) you will no longer be able to play. Everyone that is getting the game shipped to them will not be able to play the game at that time until their box arrives.

THAT is lame....

no, what that means is you can download the early access client but unless you register your retail CD key by the 20th, when the subscription fee starts, you will no longer be able to play.

http://www.swtor.com...59#edit11917459

To ensure that players can get into the game as quickly as possible when their Early Game Access begins, we are now allowing everyone who has redeemed a Pre-Order Code at our Code Redemption Center to pre-load the game to their computer.

Edited by robinj