When did you pre-order?

I thought guilds were going to get in the full five days earlier, due to the disparity in order dates. It's my understanding it doesn't matter when individual guildies ordered by, although I redeemed my code 21 July. If I get bored I'll try and track down the information.

Yes for guilds. But for individual users in those guilds.. I don't think they get in 5 days early do they? It was my understanding that guilds will be assigned to servers starting Dec 2nd 11:59:59 PM CST and will be "active" 5 days before release. Users can log into their respective server up to 5 days before release depending on their pre-order in a staggered release so their servers do not melt on the 20th. And the first character you create on that server will get the guild invite. Alts will not. And something like 2 weeks for the guild master to join.

All* guilds that have at least four members who have pre-ordered the game and redeemed their Pre-Order Codes at the Code Redemption Center by the time we initiate the import will be transferred into the game for the start of Early Game Access. Visit the Pre-Order page for more details about The Old Republic pre-order program.

Please note that we have removed the additional requirement for the guild leader to log in to the website and verify that their guild remains active and wants to be imported.

To help clarify whether or not your guild is ready for deployment, each guild page has a small deployment status indicator, identified by a green checkmark or a red X. This will inform you whether or not your guild meets the criteria for deployment into the game.

I'm reading it to say that the whole guild will get in as long as at least four people have pre-ordered. Also states the guild will be imported for the START of early game access. The question I can see is what exactly does importing a guild actually mean. Does it mean that an empty guild will be created and filled as people log on or does it mean that all guild members will be granted early access together? Personally I am thinking it's the latter.

I pre-ordered Sept. 1st. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to upgrade the edition I ordered or not...after playing last weekend's beta I'd like to throw a little more money at them :)

Edit: And according to the FAQ on the Origin help site you cannot simply upgrade without creating a new account and purchasing the other version...I guess they don't want my extra money. :smash:

Edited by Huato

within days of the announcement in july :) got the deluxe which I guess has a speeder or something? oh and an orange-black crystal which wasn't all that exciting for a lowbie, 1 more endurance which got replaced by level 17

Well, I just reread the http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=714124 early access thread, realized I didn't have to uninstall the whole client. D'oh!

Will be interesting to see whether or not I get access on the 15th but if I do, I assume I won't get the auto-guild invite so hopefully someone is online to add me manually.

I assume I won't get the auto-guild invite so hopefully someone is online to add me manually.

Right, Martok should be in on during the 15th at some point as well as Khabe (except he is working, not sure if he will be able to get online that first day from remote or not).

No, the way I understood that is the invites are being sent the 13th, meaning if you get an email on the 13th it's likely stating that you will be able to start in two days. That's how the weekend beta invitations used to be sent as well.

hmm you sure? In the article it states we get up to 7 days of early access.

*Update* Stephen Reid tweeted that it starts the 13th and we will get our e-mails on the day we are granted access. So be sure to check your e-mail everyday next week lol.

Edited by Kamrune

yeah I don't follow it much either hehe. I was reading through the official thread on the forums when some people posted that. They really need to do a better job of explaining things in their press releases lol. This created a whole lot of confusion.

Edited by Kamrune