Next Beta Testing Weekend

Balandar

The following FAQ was updated on SWTOR.com.

When will the Beta Testing Weekend start?

"We are targeting November 25-28 for our upcoming Beta Testing Weekend. Exact timing on when you will be invited will be specified in your invite email."

Also, the following was posted in the forums:

"Just a reminder that if you were a registered member of our website [sWTOR.com] on or before November 11th, 2011, you will be invited to the future weekend test. Regardless of whether you received an email last week or not, please do not take beta keys off of any external websites if you are already a registered member of our site."

any word if it's a new dload? if it is, i won't be playing. i can't afford to go over my monthly data limit.

At this time it is not expected to be a new build from that used for last weekend. People who dled the client for that weekend will only have to download patches.

Yeah, Bioware posted it in their FAQ. The next beta weekend will only patch the clients downloaded for the Nov. 11th test. They are still investigating whether or not a new client will be required for the actual pre-release.

I'm afraid to say that we are apparently doing the massive download again. I did the RSVP, started the launcher left from the prior weekend test, and it started downloading a Game Assets 1 at 12 gigs, which is exactly what it did last time.

i was in the same boat. but being unhappy with my data limit i looked at another ISP and when i called to cancel my subscription, they gave me a deal that sees me double everything (dload/upload/data limit) for only 5 dollars more per month. which is nice because switching would have cost me 200$ upfront in fees lol

Well, the total download for me seems to have been in the realm of 16 or so gigs this time, a bit more than half of what I had to download for the last weekend. So it's smaller, but probably still not small enough for those with bandwidth caps.

All ready to go here as well. Don't know how much I'll get to play, since I will have family at our house all weekend, but I might be able to sneak a couple of hours in hopefully.

I really would like time to play more with the Imperial Agent, though. I barely got started last time and the story just looked so good.

Have a good rest of the week and enjoy the beta!

Arg, this 11am (EST) start time sucks, I'll be at work. I guess I'll leave it up to the rest of the guild to coordinate the servers. I'll make sure to check the forums before logging.

If you intend on starting on 11am (EST) please log into TS, try to coordinate with others and pick a common server. The TS information is below (note that this is temporary for now):

clanskullcrusher.guildts.com:4242

Password: wobbly

Participating on the same server isn't mandatory of course. I understand that they haven't wiped the servers and that folks might want to continue playing where they left off. If that's the case, happy journey and we'll see you in December :xmas: