How to Pre-order, join Vigilance, and gain early access.

You'll need to create an account on swtor.com. If you have an EA account it'll automatically recognize your email account and associate the two accounts when you register. The password will be reset with the password you enter on the swtor registration page.

To pre-order visit the official SWTOR pre-order site. For early access I do not know if you will need to pre-order the digital copy or physical. Most are ordering the digital download. Your pre-registration code will appear after you have ordered your copy. Let me know if you order a physical copy and if you receive the key so I can update this post.

OR pre-order from EB Games. Commissions help the Wounded Warrior Project and T.H.E.

120x60_eblogo.jpg

The order in which you redeem your Pre-order Code is the order in which you will gain Early Game Access before the game's official release on December 20th, 2011 in North America and in Europe. This is why I decided to order the digital copy, as I do not know if the physical will allow you to download a digital copy or if they ship it sooner. If you order from EBGames, contact them and check if you get the game code sooner or if you must wait for the box (and let us know here as well).

The final part of the process is to Join Vigilance. There are a couple of options for joining;

• Click the above link or..
  • Send an existing guild member your email address to send you an invite.

If you choose the option to receive an invite you'll automatically be added into the guild when you use the link within the email. Otherwise you'll need to wait until an officer approves your application to the guild.

Dev Notes on Early Access

StephenReid - a SWTOR Dev had the following to say on Early Access on SWTOR.com Community Forums:

Everyone who pre-orders the game will get Early Game Access; the amount will vary depending on when you redeem your pre-order code. There are a limited number of pre-orders available.

Despite what others may say (or want to believe), this is absolutely true and necessary for us to have a smooth, managed launch. We cannot allow every single person who pre-orders the game to attempt to login at the same time on Day One. It would be... bad.

Instead, we're staging access, while planning on allowing a large number of people in at every stage. That means that for most people who pre-ordered early, they'll be in either right at the start of Early Game Access or very close to it. For those who pre-order now and later, they'll get access later.

We're not talking about the specifics of how long Early Game Access will last yet, because that number depends on how many pre-orders we receive and how many people we allow into the game per stage, which itself depends on the results of testing. We'll have more news on this before Early Game Access begins.

As always, I do urge people to read the Pre-Order FAQ which we spent so much time writing, and which contains answers to many... frequently asked... questions.

When does Early Game Access begin?

Early Game Access may be up to five days prior to the official release of Star Wars: The Old Republic. The length of your Early Game Access period will vary depending on the date and order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order code, as well as where you live and your Internet service.

Edited by Balandar
Dev Notes

• 1 month later...