Battle Net Login and Authenticators

Skywatcher

During the 10 man last night, someone mentioned not being prompted for their authenticator code when they logged into WoW. I'd encountered that, myself, after I logged in on my main account, then logged onto another, then back onto my main. I wasn't prompted the 2nd time I logged onto my main acct.

Turns out this is actually a new feature Blizz implemented:

If you use an authenticator – and we hope you do – you may soon notice that an authenticator prompt may not appear with every login. We've recently updated our authentication system to intelligently track your login locations, and if you're logging in consistently from the same place, you may not be asked for an authenticator code. This change is being made to make the authenticator process less intrusive when we're sure the person logging in to your account is you.

We hope to continue improving the authenticator system to ensure the same or greater security, while improving and adding features to make having one a more user friendly experience. If you don't already have a Battle.net Authenticator attached to your account, don't wait until it's too late - http://us.battle.net/en/security/checklist

If you have comments, concerns, or feedback regarding this change, please visit this thread to voice them so we can consolidate your thoughts. Thanks!

Original Thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2674529777