Old stories ,by Charlie

Guest JamieT

Guest JamieT

I heard KD was telling some old stories tonight, and it was so nice hearing what some of them he told were. He even brought up my old email that I sent to Borg to get new leaders for the guild so that it could be revived. I love that story.

Kodoz was actually the one who inspired me to write that email, back then I wasn't PGoH active, I had 2 characters still in the guild KitnBoo and Joxer. Kodoz had run into me a few times, the one that I remember most was in the area just past the spider cave in Sprituality. There were the angels flying around and Kodoz asked me to join PGoH once again on Charlie. I think originally I was doing some hunting down in the dungeon there with Doddz, is that right KD? I remember Kodoz telling me to stay away from Doddz haha. Anyway, we were talking near the angels and his desire to revive the guild inspired me to write the email. I was so happy when Borg got back to me asking me and Kodoz to meet up with him in game. He told stories of the founding of PGoH, took us around to all of the special PGoH landmarks, and showed us the notice of PGoH becoming Trinsics offical guardians. That day he also made KD and I the Emperor and Empress of the guild. I was tols I was the first Empress in PGoH. Kodoz and I went to work quickly to revive PGoH, we recruited many new members into the guild like Callista, SinDee, Piper and Thom. Uthan had come back especially for KD and me.Soon, PGoH was once again alive! We all became so close, such good friends that we felt like family, Calli and I even referred to each other as sisters.

I was always so proud of the guild, they gave the guild its great reputation at that time. Whenever I spoke of the guild it was always with the greatest love, they were my family.

Thank you Kodoz, for bringing up that story, I was told there were more but that one I knew the best. I wish I had gotten to be there ''in person'' to hear your stories.

• 1 year later...

Hey there. Wow, This threads is starting to bring back fond memories to me. I played UO something around 1999-2001 give or take a few months. I think I stopped just before they started implementing some new graphics that made things like weapons all glowy (oohhh aahhh :p, Anways, I started playing before they came out with care Bear servers, you know, when you actually had to watch your ass. I admit, I did some stupid stuff to get killed. Well you know, people always look for ways to take advantage especially against naive people like me, so when I'm walking to the bank with hundreds of regs on me and I see a bright red bag just laying there on the ground, I just gotta pick it up and look at it ! What's this, another bag/box inside ? Lets open that too. BOOM ! Safe to say I lost all my regs as I seethed in anger at this real funny guy unstealthing to grab my hundreds of regs I spent hours collecting ( I almost quit the game I was so mad. There were things that happened that made me mad, such as when our guild house was assaulted by like 30 players for hours, but for the most part, it was a fun social game. I played with my coworkers and my brother. In fact, my brother, the computer techie, has his and my computer on a network so we could both play in our respective rooms at the same time and just shout a little to speak to each other. That;s how I hit GM healing on my first guy too, I used a character ( I called him "Dead Again" haha) I created on his account, killed him, and then proceeded to res him with bandies again and again with my guy (OMG it took forever once I got going). Every other skill I'm proud to be able to say I worked up normally, but bandaging ? Come on, that crap would've took forever the normal way !

Ok I know I kinda dissed PvE servers a little, I admit I liked the carebear server when it first came out, mainly because so MANY people were just out killing stuff (No PK's here! haha), but then when some jackass pissed you off, you couldn't do anything to him. And people still took advantage of the game mechanics to get you in combat to kill and loot you. I spent some time on the PvE server mainly to do something I always wanted to do - make a GM Mage/Provoker - and dammit, I did it :p It was soooo fun (especially with no PK's to worry about), I would go to the hardest dungeons by myself and kill Balrogs and such. I actually killed dragons on a regular basis ( I had never killed a dragon previously). So yeah, thank you for making PvE servers, at least it gives me a choice to not deal with asshats when I want.

K, I know I'm going on here, so many memories coming back to me now. I'll always love UO, it was my 1st experience with an MMORPG. It happened around things like Y2K (I woke up that morning and asked my guild leader/co-worker on ICQ why there was a big missile outside my window. :p ) Thanks for listening, maybe I'll check the game out again, I dunno, I'm gonna give GW2 a shot now.

UO was a first for many of us. I played Diablo in 1997 before starting UO in September. That's when I met Borg and Sir Lags A Lot on Catskills whacking away on training dummies. This is when Trinsic was so full you couldn't take a step without running into someone else! Everyone was new and working on their skills. Lots of good memories from UO.

I still have an active account. One item that I have kept all these years, is an ordinary green sash from a PK that I've had since end of 97. Nothing special about it other than that it was the first PK I killed. It's weird how digital pixels can have some kind of emotional attachment to them. LOL.

Even though GW2 is a different genre we are hoping to have some of those old feelings like we used to in UO. I think all of the MMOs I've played since have been a diversion and a wanting of something more. I hope GW2 can deliver on that.

Although I have to admit with RL I am extremely busy, nothing beats UO. I've tried other games but PGOH/UO is all there is for me!:) I also hope to see all you old timers at Calli's wedding. Please please say you will come:)

Guest JamieT

Maybe one day I'll be ok to spend some time with PGoH. Charlie was revived in Atlantic, obviously it would have been a complicated thing since she had been killed so long ago. I still walk around in Oly, I was there yesterday reminiscing of all the roleplays that had been done. Anyway, congrats Calli for the marriage, your second one :p

I'm sure I'll post somehwere here again, Strength and Honor and safe journies.

I hear the tales of the guardians of old and it makes me wish I had been born much later in life to have been with the guild at its birth. But I like to think that thanks to Charlie, Kodoz, Thom, Cali, My knight trainer Marak and everyone who put up with me frist starting out in a rp guild really made UO not just a game but a family I made my own story here with all of you it might be epic as to other tales in are guild history but its mine and i'll hold on to it forever.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I was Pgoh in early 99-2000 i believe. Arthil sponsored me and brought me in. I remember brightblade if i remeber correctly he was from mass as I am. I remeber Belphegor, Fing, evangeline, Balander, Scout Finch , Greys Cowboy, Montague and a few others.

Welcome back! And we still have an active guild! :) Most communication is on facebook now. Martok recently came back to UO and Borg is planning on playing as well. I log in sometimes, but mostly have been in GW2. I'm not sure if BB still gets into UO, others on here would know better than I.