Oh hey look! Sky's posting about pets again...

Skywatcher

Let me start off that while 25 pet slots sure seems like a lot, for some of us it's still not nearly enough. I should also add that I grow kind of attached to most of the pets I tame. Yeah, they're just pixels, but I still hate letting any of 'em go.

So, today's post is about boars. Now I don't really *need* a boar pet. After all, they're Tenacity (tanky) pets and I've got plenty of tanky pets. But I've always kind of liked their animations and such. Back toward the end of LK, I set out to re-tame one, since I didn't actually have a tenacity pet at the time. I decided I wanted one of the armored boars. I'd tamed one in RFK as a young hunter and always kind of regretted letting him go. At that time, low level pets autoleveled to 5 levels below that of the hunter. If I snagged one from RFK, it would've been a level 75 pet. It didn't take long to get those 5 levels by doing dailies and heroics, but I was feeling lazy, so I went after the only high level armored boar there was and named him Truffle.

Yeah, way too much backstory...

Anyway, since patch 4, another type of boar has become available. The demon piggies in Outlands are now considered beasts. This raises the question, should I keep Truffle, or set him free and snag a hellboar? I like the look of both. The one thing that's kept me from switching to a demon Truffle is that the fella I have now is one that I kinda stole from the Alliance.

See, before I came along, Truffle was named Snorts and he was forced to live a miserable life being the pet of a stinky dwarf stablemaster NPC up in the Stormpeaks. One day, I swooped down from the sky and liberated Snorts from this unpleasant existence. Sure, it meant getting PvP flagged and having to run like heck to get away from his previous owner as well as a few guards, but it was worth it to rescue the noble beast.

So here I am, asking for opinions. Should I keep my steel-plated oinker or let him go and snag a demon piggy?

For any who're curious, all the various boar skins can be seen at:

http://www.wow-petopia.com/family/boar.html

Truffle is the Armored Brown Boar model in the middle of the page. The hellboars are below that. I'm kind of partial to the blue/white ones.

The armored brown boar skin originally only seen in RFK is still far and away the best boar skin in my mind me. It's the one skin every hunter I've ever made has tamed. And what will happen if you let Truffles go? He'll have to find some way to make his way back, shamefully, to that dwarf in Storm Peaks, hanging his head and begging to be taken back. Duz lat really want t' let sum dorf get de final blah like dat?

Edited by Scryll

Well ya swayed me, Scryll. I'll keep my armored brown Truffle. I'd hate for him to have to go back to that dorf.

I know it's silly, but I get a bit sentimental about my hunter pets. Heck, I even wish that when letting them go, the menu choice was 'Release.' I hate choosing 'Abandon.' It makes it sound like I'm dumping them on the side of the road or something.

I like the boar my hunter has it was from Razorfen waaay back. It's black with blue armor on. And he also has a pet cheetah named orcala. (they need a friggin unique model for travel form!)