Kookies and Klowns

Borg

Deathwing continues to circle the lands and upon finding large ground forces; he lays waste to all within his gaze. Still...Horde and Alliance forge ahead into the new cracks n crevices abound across the land. Some areas are aplenty of new plunder and wonder while other areas are reborn or lay in ruin from the days gone by. As the garrison of Clan Skullcrusher has moved out and fanned itself across and below its new land surfaces...even the depths of the water are not out of the reach of Skullcrushers. Flea ridden foes are found in packs amongst the Alliance and have given cause for the Clan armorsmiths to reforge many a breastplate from tears and scrapes. As with nearly all of the Horde races another massive refugee influx has brought a new strength to the Horde and Clan Skullcrusher with new members of the goblin blood standing up as Peons and charging into battle against the Alliance at every opportunity. This more than not has brought a great energy and comical spirit to the campfires but as well a keener eye than before for opportunities in gold where the past gold was great plunder not profit.

*smoke billows and carries scents of a mixure of favorites and unknowns across the afternoon campsite outside Tol Barad battleground*

Scryll and Uglutz follow its trail back to the source to find Elder Kalea hard at work in her tent.

"Ug der...wut duin Elder Kalea"; asks Anceint Uglutz

Scryll sticks his fingers within the cauldron Kalea is stirring on the fire and is quickly met with another wooden spoon across his hand as quick as a seasoned rogue.

"Geeet out of there....mind yourself in my kitchen and since your here you can help bring me some of those cocoa chips from the corner"; motherly orders Kalea to Scryll with a squinted eye at Uglutz trying to sneek a taste.

"Bah...I told you we would be better waiting Uglutz"; grumbles Scryll.

"Battling for hours for Tol Barad and your stomach outweighs your sleep...bah."; Scryll wiffs as he tries to smack Uglutz's back of head.

As Uglutz bends over to pick up large chunks of cocoa wood he asks; "Chips? These are not Chips...these are cocoa wood still Kalea?!"

"Indeed Ancient one...so you two better start cutting em up and make em into chips"; Elder Kalea answers with a hidden chuckle

"And....do not forget your aprons and hats....I dont want any of your dirt and whatever might be living on your head to fall in my mixes."; Kalea states as she points to the flowery apron and pink and yellow chefs hats in the corner.

A few moments pass with no serious injuries just some back n forth stoogy slaps and activity as the two new chefs attend to Kalea's honey doo list that keeps growing and Elder Kailand appears with Markenhoof within the tent doorway.

"If you come in brothers...know this that you two will be put to work with the others trying to not kill each other in the back."; Kalea remarks without looking up but knowing the gate and presence of two hearty souls.

Kailand and Markenhoof stop dead in thier tracks as they see Scryll and Uglutz in the back corner covered in various powdered confections and sauces in their pretty aprons and hats....at the moment scryll is on top of Uglutz shoulders trying to reach some bag of nutz that were smoke drying from high up in the tent. Uglutz is grumbling as Scryll somehow manages to get a toe in one ear and one up his nose at the same time.

"Markenhoof....does that look familiar to you?"; Elder Kailand asks with humor.

"I am not saying it does or if it does not...but my mace is feeling like it has work to do again"; Markenhoof replies with a belly laugh.

The two chefs look at the doorway then each other and then both spit toward the laughing brethren in the doorway.

"Funny...real funny"; Uglutz responds

"Yeah...now stand up higher Uglutz..I almost gotz dem"; adds Scryll.

As Kalea moves her mixture to molds and drops clumps onto some metal sheets she asks the two; who are smartly keeping thier feet outside the tent.

"What say you of the current Peon class...I hear there are a few who have been mentioned for promotion"

"Well...there seem to be some that are quite active and proven themselves in training, battle and even in the arena...while some are missing across the new lands"; answers Elder Kailand.

"Tol Barad has kept much of the garrison on point but we have begun to swing reserves and as we maintain our grip on Tol Barad we will be sending out scouting parties to assist and round up any captured or lost Peons"; added Markenhoof.

"Morgh has suggested Varanthas and Lintalus as well as a goblin Gnat is it pronounced?", comments Kalea as she takes a bowl of chocolate mix away from Scryll as he is drinking it.

*Scryll picks up another bowl full and raspberries Kalea from behind*

*Uglutz expertly throws dragon cinder hot pepper dust and it lands upon Scrylls tongue sending the rogue to shadowstep to the water bucket*

"Agreed Varanthas has stepped up to lead some battlegrounds where only the strongest Alliance are based. Lintalus blew thru his training and has won Arena matches in honor of the clan as well as maintains a grip on Wintergrasp for the clan."; remarks Kailand as he accepts a Kookie from Kalea.

Markenhoof holds out two hands and puts on the sad pittyful big cow eye look as he answers as well; "Gnat grows stronger indeed and her mage skills keep her blinking around like...well an irritating gnat eheheh".

"I have heard no dissention with these three and with your comments as well as the others I have already counciled before...I will motion for the Chief to promote them"; replies Kalea as she rolls her eyes and head back toward the two chefs in the back ....doing who knows what with some rubber gloves.

"Hey...Uglutz look...a slingshot"; Scryll shoots a nut at Uglutz who catches it between his teeth and crunches it down.

"Tastes like squirrel"; Uglutz replies as he starts to take off his apron and hat.

"Hehehe it is....Squirrel Nutz....heheh"; Scryll shadowsteps to behind Kalea.

"ALRIGHTY YOU TWO....Uglutz...put that back on and take these outside to the Skullcrushers...you too Scryll...looks like I have alot of cleaning up to do now...but I thank you for helping make these kookies for the Clan."; Kalea firmly responds but ends with her motherly smile.

The two assistant chefs covered with powders make thier way out of the tent carrying the new Kalea Kookies (Goblin snacks and Marshmallow Mages) to the rest of the Skullcrushers relaxing around the battleground campfire

"When does the warhorn call us to battle brother?; Elder Scryll mumbles under his breath to Uglutz.

"Not soon enough I fear"; Ancient Uglutz replies.

... I blame uglutz fer dah lack ov Kookies in dah Kamp! If we only had moar scrunchies to burn.... *looks at the evil scrunchie castle, also known as Kadiana's tent* Demz all must burn! *Looks at Kalea wielding her spoon like a legendary mace*.... maybe next time. *Looks at Varanthas, Gnat, and Lintalus* Welkum... agh see wut we huv to put up wid? Kookie shortage due to surplus scrunchies! *storms off to gather more ingredients*

• 8 months later...