Wialt

2 Flasks of the Draconic Mind

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Throne of the Four Winds tonight.

The first encounter (The Conclave of Wind)

Doesn't look too difficult, but requires people to have some coordination. Here is a video http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?72598-The-Conclave-of-Wind.

For this fight there are three platforms, and a boss on each platform. You can travel between the platforms through wind tunnels (similar to Vortex Pinnacle). if any platform is left empty with a boss alive on it, it wipes the raid, and all bosses must die within a minute of eachother. In addition each boss has an energy meter that once filled causes them to do an ultimate attack (and they happen at the same time.

We will put a DPS capable of self healing (Draegloth) and a healer on Rohash (Wind dude, mixture of Lurker below, and Malygos). Avoid tornadoes, and he'll do a slow spinning thing similar to that of lurker... don't stand infront of the boss when this happens, just run around him. His ultimate ability tosses people in the air in a hurricane, similar to Malygos' Vortex ability, for moderate damage.

A tank and a healer will start on Nezir (Frost dude). He does a conal frost attack and leaves ice puddles that cause frost damage and a slow. He also has an abbility that causes a stacking debuff which increases frost damage by %10 per stack. his ultimate ability is a big aoe which causes 30000 damage per second oover 15 seconds... this is divided among everyone on the platform.

Everyone else will be on Anshal (Nature Dude). With Anshal, he will spawn adds periodically, they are the first priority for the DPS to kill. Keep the boss and the adds away from the green poop the boss plops down - it acts as a silence and heals the baddies in it (and we don't mean you Orcala :p ). His ultimate ability is a huge heal and a damage buff. The current tank will need to pop cooldowns for that.

Pretty much the way the fight will progress is we start out on our designated platforms. at 75/90 energy, the tanks/healers will swap platforms between Anshal and Nezir, and all DPS will move to Nezir's Platform (so that the aoe damage is split 7 ways, which means everyone will take roughly 70k damage) and DPS Nezir. After the AoE, the DPS go back to their original platform, and the tank/healers stay on their current platform until the next swap. The only person that stays on thier platform is the Rohash healer (although if required, the rohash healer may jump to the Anshal platform after the ultimate ability, once their DPS is back to top off the rest of the DPS, or we might keep draegloth on wind dude, and have the healer jump over for AoE heals during the frost ultimate ability, we will see how things go). Kill order is Anshal/Nezir, and lastly Rohash.

The Last encounter (Al'Akir).

Here is a video: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?72900-Al-Akir

3 phase fight.

First phase (%100-80, ranged and healers at range (he does a silence in close), watch your agro. Also spread out... go healer/ranged/healer/ranged/healer/ranged, so that few people are hit by his lightning attack at a time (called lightning strike), as well as having everyone in range of one healer. He does an Icestorm, which leaves a path of ice on the ground you get slowed and take damage if in it. He also does squall line, which is a line of tornadoes with a gap in it. Pretty much as the tornadoes approach you, stand in the gap to take no damage, similar to sartharion's flame wave. Finally there is wind burst, which is a 5 second cast, which at the end does a big knock back - at the start of the cast, everyone needs to hug the boss, or get booted out of the nest.

Phase two (%80-25) has the electrocute, and the squall line. He also summons some adds, which when killed causes the boss to take more damage (this debuff stacks, which we want). When they spawn we will kill the ASAP and then swap back to the boss. Also in this phase there is a soft enrage mechanic... a raid wide nature damage increasing debuff called acid rain. Basically we need to transition the boss before we die. Note that we will be in a loose clump for AoE healing.

Phase three (%25-looting). everyone floats in the air spread out in a loose clump and preferably at the same altitude. We will start near the bottom of the environment. Durign this phase he does a chain lightning, and an ability called lightning rod (similar to electrotrons AoE). When you get lightning rod back, move out of the raid to avoid killing people. He will also cast a lightning cloud, when he does this move up until you are out of it. Slow moving is death. He uses his wind burst in this phase, instant cast. when knocked back, just move back to your position.

Edited by Kailand

Not a bad night tonight, got the first encounter down relatively fast, and for the most part learned phase 1 of al'akir. certain people need to get MUCH better at avoiding tornadoes... you should know who you are. in phase 2, everyone should hammer the adds when they spawn... once we get that down, we will worry about timing thier deaths to stack up the debuff on the boss. Sorry about getting a bit testy there at the end, I was just getting a little frustrated, as I'm sure you all were. The plan is to due the baradin hold, the first 5 bosses in BWD, and then work on Throne of winds... after throne of winds we will move on to bastion of twighlight. If after a few weeks we do not get down al'akir (and if we aren't really making progress on him), then we will skip him for a bit and head for bastion of twilight. For next week, lets see who does better, Kadiana, or the people who have already seen al'akir (i.e. don't get mocked by kadi).

I'd like to rock arms tonight if no one has an objection. Hopefully my loss in dps will be a net gain to the raid from the arms buffs. Fury is a big pain in the ass.

Sardi.

If it's a problem, I have no objection to swigging back to fury though.

I'd like to rock arms tonight if no one has an objection. Hopefully my loss in dps will be a net gain to the raid from the arms buffs. Fury is a big pain in the ass.

Sardi.

If it's a problem, I have no objection to swigging back to fury though.

no problem, its just a pet switch, and draegloth gets to slack off a bit.

Few notes on the cauldrons:

I have quite a bit of flasks built up ready to be made into cauldrons.

What I really need now is Twilight Jasmine, Volatile Life, and Stormvine.

The rest of the herbs we seem to be good on at the moment.

I have about two months worth of flasks built up. Thanks for all the donations everyone. I got so much over the past two weeks I was unable to keep track of who sent what!

Few notes on the cauldrons:

I have quite a bit of flasks built up ready to be made into cauldrons.

What I really need now is Twilight Jasmine, Volatile Life, and Stormvine.

The rest of the herbs we seem to be good on at the moment.

I have about two months worth of flasks built up. Thanks for all the donations everyone. I got so much over the past two weeks I was unable to keep track of who sent what!

we also have 5000 gold in the raid bank to spend on mats, etc. if needed (I kept 5000 back for this purpose).

Since we breezed through the "farm" content and got an hour of wiping on Al'akir on Tuesday what about taking a look at Bastion of Twilight for part of the evening on Thursday (even if we don't down Al'akir)? If we start off on Al'akir and it looks like we're making significant progress then I have no problem with staying on him, but I have no interest in spending the evening wiping for 3 hours because people are dying in P1.

In any case, doesn't hurt to take a look at vids of Halfus since I assume that's where we'll be heading next once Al'akir is dead?

Halfus Wyrmbreaker video

Edited by Ascoli

I found this link for Halfus on wowpedia, it shows which dragons are up for the week as well as their abilities:

halfus.info

I'm skipping the Valiona and Theralion vids since I think we got it down, just need a few more attempts.

Here are some vids for the following fight (Ascendant Council):

tankspot guide

It was a bit rough but we got through Blackwing Descent. Thanks to everyone for calling things out and putting up with my lack of communication on fights. Hopefully Kailand will be back on Thursday to lead us in our fail. I'm guessing we will spend at least part of the evening in The Bastion of Twilight so take a look at the vids I posted above.

not able to make it tonight folks.

My apologies. Hopefully Wialt is able to replace me!

ok, we grabbed wialt.

We can start doing maelstorm crystal enchants now. First we will get healers covered with their weapon enchants (assuming they are not planning on replacing their weapons soon), so kadi and ug talk to zu. Followed by tank weapon enchants, then DPS weapon enchants. After weapon enchants we will get people their boot enchants, with runspeed (not ideal for DPS, etc, but we wants the run speed on everyone). only enchant stuff with maelstorm crystal enchants on gear you will not replace in this tier.

From

Kailand

For those who don't want to read the math at the end, here's basically what I say: dps need to up their game (by staying alive would be a good start), with our current setup, we need an average of 12.5k dps (without the damage increase debuff) for the ppl that are on the boss. Pallies, use your bubble at 6-8 stacks of acid rain to cut the damage taken from acid rain in half.

I also watched a bunch of vids, most groups seem to get through the phase in times ranging from 2:40 to 3:10 mins. They also have the tank holding the stormlings.

I'm really not sure what would be best. We might as well give a shot to having me try and solo the adds but I'm not sure how long I could keep up with the killing on time and the dps still need to be on their game. With Holy tanking the adds we might get more overall dps on the boss but we need to control the way we down the adds, can't just aoe them down, needs to focus and time the kills properly. Another option is to try and go down to 2 healers, but I'm not sure what sort of damage to expect in p3...

Here's some math for Al'akir:

He's got 30.5 million health, p2 starts at 80% and p3 starts at 25%, so we need to do 16.775 million damage to get out of p2.

Looking at the logs of our better attempts, it seems that our breaking point is 12-14 stacks of acid rain. So ideally we will want to be in p3 by the time we hit 12 stacks. Acid rain increases every 15 seconds so that gives us 3 minutes in p2.

Stormlings come out every 20 seconds which gives us the 9th by the time we get 12 stacks.

If we start killing adds at the 3rd spawn, that means we have a min without a buff and say we kill them every every 15 seconds we should by up to 8 stacks by the 3 min mark.

If I'm the only one killing the adds then I will be doing next to no dps on the boss (still not sure I can pull it off, they have 300k and I have 15 seconds to kill them, I don't do 20k dps). So that leaves 5 dps and Holy (who does something like 75% of the damage an average dps should be doing). Let's say A is the normal dps of someone, then the damage done over the 3 mins will be (60+15*1.1+...+15*1.8)*A = 234*A. So we need 5.75*234*A = 16775. This means we need our 5 dps doing an average of about 12.5k dps (without the buff), which manage to pull off in most of the other fights.

If we just decided to instantly kill the stormlings and the 10% buff had say, 70% uptime, we could probably manage to pull it off in the 3 mins if every dps did 13k dps... Not much more than the "properly executed" method.

Some acid rain numbers: ticks every second for 500 increasing by 500 every 15 seconds, we resist around 20% of the damage. So that leaves 468k damage to everyone over the 3 mins. 252k for pallies if they bubble at 6 stacks.

Edited by Ascoli

For those who don't want to read the math at the end, here's basically what I say: dps need to up their game (by staying alive would be a good start), with our current setup, we need an average of 12.5k dps (without the damage increase debuff) for the ppl that are on the boss. Pallies, use your bubble at 6-8 stacks of acid rain to cut the damage taken from acid rain in half.

I also watched a bunch of vids, most groups seem to get through the phase in times ranging from 2:40 to 3:10 mins. They also have the tank holding the stormlings.

I'm really not sure what would be best. We might as well give a shot to having me try and solo the adds but I'm not sure how long I could keep up with the killing on time and the dps still need to be on their game. With Holy tanking the adds we might get more overall dps on the boss but we need to control the way we down the adds, can't just aoe them down, needs to focus and time the kills properly. Another option is to try and go down to 2 healers, but I'm not sure what sort of damage to expect in p3...

Here's some math for Al'akir:

He's got 30.5 million health, p2 starts at 80% and p3 starts at 25%, so we need to do 16.775 million damage to get out of p2.

Looking at the logs of our better attempts, it seems that our breaking point is 12-14 stacks of acid rain. So ideally we will want to be in p3 by the time we hit 12 stacks. Acid rain increases every 15 seconds so that gives us 3 minutes in p2.

Stormlings come out every 20 seconds which gives us the 9th by the time we get 12 stacks.

If we start killing adds at the 3rd spawn, that means we have a min without a buff and say we kill them every every 15 seconds we should by up to 8 stacks by the 3 min mark.

If I'm the only one killing the adds then I will be doing next to no dps on the boss (still not sure I can pull it off, they have 300k and I have 15 seconds to kill them, I don't do 20k dps). So that leaves 5 dps and Holy (who does something like 75% of the damage an average dps should be doing). Let's say A is the normal dps of someone, then the damage done over the 3 mins will be (60+15*1.1+...+15*1.8)*A = 234*A. So we need 5.75*234*A = 16775. This means we need our 5 dps doing an average of about 12.5k dps (without the buff), which manage to pull off in most of the other fights.

If we just decided to instantly kill the stormlings and the 10% buff had say, 70% uptime, we could probably manage to pull it off in the 3 mins if every dps did 13k dps... Not much more than the "properly executed" method.

Some acid rain numbers: ticks every second for 500 increasing by 500 every 15 seconds, we resist around 20% of the damage. So that leaves 468k damage to everyone over the 3 mins. 252k for pallies if they bubble at 6 stacks.

Thanks for the analysis Ascoli. I think everyone needs to spend some time and read this and other material to try and find ways on how they can improve their performance for P2. The truth is that as a healer, this particular portion of the fight is HUGELY frustrating. We spend our time in pure panic mode healing everyone and yet constantly see DPS not doing what their supposed to be doing or flying away in tornadoes.

Uhm, so yeah, if you're going to farm for herbs, try to skip azshara's veil, whiptail, cinderbloom, stormvine, cinderbloom and cinderbloom. I might have bought a little too much...

Good news everybody, all our work will not be for nothing: "We plan on tweaking those loot tables a little for 4.1; Al'Akir will drop some random necks and cloaks as well as helm or shoulder tokens in addition or in some cases instead of his current loot."

My cable is out tonight so right now I have no net,phone, or TV. I reported it an hour ago and was told they were already working on it. The whole neighborhood is hosed. Dunno if it'll be back up in time for tonight's raid but Ill log on when I can.

Yay for having a tablet with 3g for emergency posting. Now if it could only run wow.

My cable is out tonight so right now I have no net,phone, or TV. I reported it an hour ago and was told they were already working on it. The whole neighborhood is hosed. Dunno if it'll be back up in time for tonight's raid but Ill log on when I can.

Yay for having a tablet with 3g for emergency posting. Now if it could only run wow.

Did you forget? The raid tonight has already been cancelled due to Holyssa and Orcala missing.